All reviewshistoric hoteldickson streethardwood flooringsouthern charmyoung womantop of the linecomfortable bedwould definitely stay here againin townrazorback footballrestaurants and barsvisiting fayettevillenice staycomplimentary breakfasta great place to staystaff was very friendlylounge
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Although I haven't stayed at the Inn in awhile (we now have a second home in Fayetteville), we always try to get by the bar and eat at Ella's when we can. It's so convenient to events at the Walton Center and the University. The bar is one of the only places that, as a woman, I've really felt comfortable sitting alone - it's so cozy. I miss Ryan but the new bartenders are very good. The food at Ella's may be pricey but the food is always topnotch. I always check the front desk and visit with Drew and pick up the latest Northwest Arkansas magazines and newspapers to read in the bar.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Catfishsusie
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I attended the first Easter Egg Hunt at the Inn. It was an event for the University of Arkansas and there families. It was a wonderful day and the kids has a great time. The staff made everyone feel welcome. we look forward to next years event at this property.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TedBelden
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I would have liked to stay at this hotel for my wedding weekend. They host weddings and I saw the pictures online and thought the inn looked very nice. I called to get information and set up a time to visit. I spoke with Heather. She informed me that she would like to give me everything I was asking for (i.e. rental rates, room rates, catering etc.) but she needed to check and see if the date was open. She said she would call me back the next day, however, when I didn't receive a call I called her. I left two voice messages. Finally I got ahold of her cell phone number (which is in the voice mail message) and tried to reach her then. She did not answer so I left another voice message. Still no return phone call. I just feel like if this is how they are going to treat people who are willing to spend a great deal of money at their facility then they don't deserve my business. I am not going to have my day ruined by people who are so unprofessional nor will I ever visit this inn.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank imanw
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I have always wanted to stay at the Inn at Carnall Hall but was sorely disappointed. The hotel staff was lazy and unhelpful, our room keys did not work and we had to have staff let us into our room every time we left and reentered the room, the whirlpool tub we specifically requested didn't work. The staff informed us when we checked in that the tub "may not be working" and asked us to go to our room, fill it with water past the jets and let them know if it's not working, if not working they had another room with a whirlpool tub that we can give you. We did as asked only to find out the other room with the whirlpool tub had been given to someone else while we were filling the tub to see if ours was broken. The staff then offered to call engineering to see if they could fix it. After an evening out, we returned to our room to find the front panel of our tub lying in the floor of the bathroom and the tub still not working. We chose not to stay for brunch the next morning because of the horrible service. One day later our credit card was charged $50 more than our room rate. When I called to inquire about it, the accounting manager at the Inn told me that they automatically charge a predetermined amount to your credit card to cover your room and incidentals, that it would be refunded and the correct amount charged. According to her we signed something when we checked in authorizing them to do this. Something else we were not informed of before signing our paperwork. We were simply told we were signing in approval of our nightly rate. After speaking to the account manager about my experience and the situation with our credit card, I was told that she would really like for me to speak to the GM who she would ask to call me back. He never called so I called for him only to be told that he was helping their new guests and would need to call me back When I gave my name to the person who answered the phone, he said "oh yes" I asked if he had my number and he replied by saying "probably but give it to me anyway". I gave him my number and never received a call back. I will never stay there again and hope no one else has an experience like this.

Room Tip: I recommend staying at the Inn at the Mill in Johnson instead
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Angela W
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Hotel is in a very old building on the U. of A.campus that has been well renovated to modern standards. We had a business meeting and all 10 guests appreciated the proximity to campus and Dickson Street for entertainment as well as the lounge and restaurant on site. The staff was excellent and the meeting room hosts were very attentive. It is nice and quiet (if you not in the basement just below the kitchen) and wouldn't mind staying there again, especially for hosting a meeting.

Room Tip: Rooms can be oddly shaped but some offer great view of the campus. Don't get above or below the kitchen or you will get an early wake up call.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business