Fayetteville Sleep Inn(Fayetteville)(Great Value!)
$80
$105
$95
$87
$114
Best Western Windsor Suites(Fayetteville)(Great Value!)
$101
$90
$73
$108
$96
All reviewshistoric hoteldickson streethardwood flooringsouthern charmyoung womancontinental breakfasttop of the linecomfortable bedrazorback footballwould definitely stay here againin townrestaurants and barsnice stayvisiting fayettevillea great place to staystaff was very friendlylounge
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The people that said the beds were comfortable must have stayed in the larger rooms that probably get used less. I stayed in one of the small rooms, which was functional and clean, but the bed actually made me wake up multiple times during the night the first night, and the second night was not much better. I actually ended up moving hotels since I was in town a week. The desk clerk when we arrived was more than helpful, but the one I dealt with trying to find a better bed was ineffectual. I slept on top of all the multiple pillows on the bed and the extra blanket. The mattress simply was cheap and had the springs barely covered. You could see the ridges of the mattress frame if you lifted the bedding. I had no problems with the AC, even though the hallways are not air conditioned. Also, I could not eat the free breakfast since I had to be at my workshop by 7:30, and their dining room opens at 7am and only serves sit-down breakfast.

The biggest pro of this place is the location. It is on campus and within walking distance to Dickson St. There is no fitness center.

Room Tip: Don't stay in one of the smaller rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is really quite a find. It is great value for money. A beautifully resorted historic building. But don’t stay here if you want a modern a utilitarian box which you find in chains. It is unique and full of charm. Especially nice to enjoy a long cool drink on a warm summers evening on the veranda which surrounds the hotel. On campus which is plus just next to Old Main. We had a lovely whirlpool bath in our room, a very comfortable bed and delightful welcoming staff in the bar and restaurant. Speaking of the restaurant, I am surprised to see it has not been much mentioned in other reviews. The food is excellent and compared with prices in the north east excellent t value...be sure not to miss it. (Do take note that during our stay it wasn’t open on Sunday evenings). The bar is also worth a visit with deep leather sofas and very friendly staff. The only down side, which other s have mentioned, are the rather retiring folk on the front desk! We will of course stay there again and perhaps linger a little longer next time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mike5911
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I attended a wedding in Fayetteville and, like most out-of-town guests, stayed at the Inn at Carnall Hall. I haven't been in that building since it was the Phi Gamma Delta house in the mid-1970's. The University did a good thing and wonderful job restoring Carnall Hall. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. The staff is polite and accomodating. Our room rate included a served (not buffet) continental breakfast with tasty options. The wedding reception also was at Carnall. Great venue for a celebration or a weekend in northwest Arkansas.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SweetZ8
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This "old" hotel is nice and the staff is great; however, the 2nd & 3rd floors were uncommfortable at best on a 92 degree day. The 3rd floor hall was 97 degrees and room 316 was 81 degrees at 2 pm ... finally cooled off to 76 by 11 pm also the event room for our granddaughter's wedding was very warm & uncomfortable, I do not recommend staying here in the summer

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My husband and I try to stay in unique, upscale places when they are available. The inn is lovely, both inside and out. However, the service was lacking. The front desk attendant was surly and uninformative. The room was clean and VERY basic with no opening windows, no balcony and absolutely no view. After venturing to the expansive and lovely front porch to relax with a glass of wine, we were joined by several people who cussed loudly non stop. They mentioned that they were local so I believe they were not actual guests of the hotel.
We were in Fayetteville for college orientation for our son. It was a very long day and we were really looking forward to relaxing and having a bite to eat. However, the dining room was closed when we got here and room service was also discontinued. I believe it was close to 10:00. The dining room reopens at 8:00 the next morning. Although breakfast was included with our meal, it was in the form of a sit down formal ordering process which we did not have time for prior to our 8:30 college session. We were absolutely starving after that stay!!!!!
We were so disappointed in our visit and hoping to have found a fabulous place to stay over the next 4-5 years, but the only fabulous thing about it was sadly, the price......

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple