“Yum! Any imaginable combination!”

Hammontree's Grilled Cheese
Ranked #1 of 430 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fayetteville's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Such a complete menu with sandwiches of all varieties. From the mild (Honkie) to spicy (Buffalo) there is something for everyone. The Ruffles on the side were the perfect accompaniment. Of course, if I lived in Fayetteville, we would eat here way too often and a healthier side would be welcome (didn't see if that's offered or not).
Only downside is that the booths are quite worn. Definitely NOT a deal breaker. All in all, a delicious choice!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our college son loves this place and I love grilled cheese so I think it is delicious too, but unfortunately our teenager and our 5 year old do not like cheese and so there was really nothing for them to eat and parking was expensive. We actually ordered a kiddie burger from a bar around the corner and my college son went and got it for 5 year old. Anyway skip the edamame dip, it was disgusting. The tomato basil soup is worth trying. It is a really pricey grilled cheese spot so make sure you willing to pay burgers prices for nothing but cheese. Servers not the most attentive.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were headed north to Kansas City on I-49 when I read about Hammontree's. We quickly changed course into Fayetteville and were really glad that we did. The menu is brilliant, the execution delicious, and the service amazing (never had a more knowledgeable, efficient, and enthusiastic server than Sarah). They have raised simple comfort food to a new level...yum! We will be back.

1  Thank Pattinkc
Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you're visiting Fayetteville, you need to try Hammontree's! I recommend the Scarlet Cheddar! So yummy. And the tomato basil soup. It's just a really great and different restaurant.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Grilled cheese and hot dogs....considered one of the best restaurants in NWA? I all of a sudden feel bad for my culinarily challenged neighbors. Children like this type of cuisine but suit yourselves.

1  Thank BuffaloAjax