“Just great!”

Ranked #1 of 430 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fayetteville's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Got there about 10 minutes before closing time. No problem. Not rushed at all. Had the Brie sandwich with apples and fig jelly minus the onions add Prosciutto. Best grilled cheese ever.

2  Thank Lagimus

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I never ever thought you could improve on a regular grilled cheese sandwich but this place takes grilled cheese to a whole new level. The portions are amazing and the tastes are too.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We picked Hammontree's that day for the patio. They have a bar with some nice local beer selections. The menu is all over the place and I think anybody can find something they will like. I went with the Cali dog, I loved all the toppings and the roll it came on. I wasn't a big fan of the asiago spinach chicken dog as much. It was almost too rich for me, I'm not sure but overall I'm a fan of what I had. My boyfriend ordered the cajun sandwhich that came on corn meal bread, very nice touch. He was into it for sure. We are excited to come back and try some of other interesting sandwhiches and hot dogs. We were disapointed because our server just gave us our ticket and never came back. My boyfriend was wanting to order another beer. I had my eye on the blueberry "grilled cheese" on pound cake so I was pretty disappointed even if I didn't need it...
I think next time we come we will sit at the bar even though I love that patio. It seems like it could be worth it to get better service.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Cool hipster vibe right in the center of the entertainment district. Great local beer selection and awesome grilled cheese sandwiches. Something for everyone and a great patio to enjoy the weather! Try the cheese fries. Just do it.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had a birthday lunch here on a very busy Saturday. We had to wait a few minutes for a table, but were served quickly once seated. We had the sweet potato fries for an appetizer. They were fabulous. We had sandwiches, salads (the turkey salad-yum!) and a hot dog at our table. The hotdog was quite special- not just a typical dog. We always love the sandwiches. It was all good! Homemade dressings, fresh ingredients, and a fun atmosphere! We will be back for sure.