“Who Knew?”

Ranked #1 of 414 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fayetteville's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Who ever thought of gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches was a good idea . . . was an absolute genius! Oh my goodness. The combinations are crazy and crazy good. My fav is Brie's Company with apples, caramelized onions, fig preserves and of course brie. Wow. I'm hungry right now!

1  Thank LCLowe

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Arrived around 7 pm. Put our name on a waiting list. Waited about 20 minutes. We were seated at probably the worst table in the whole restaurant - right next to the window where orders are picked up. The floor in that area was filthy. Potato chips, trash, etc. on the floor. Waited at least 10 minutes before our waiter arrived to take our order and another 15 minutes to receive the food. I ordered black bean soup. It had a "dirt" taste to it. I could only eat one bite. Yuk! My son ordered the Jack to the Future. The bread was barely toasted. Sandwiches served with ruffle potato chips - boring. The lighting in the building is harsh ceiling lights. With concrete floors and brick walls the noise level makes it very difficult to carry on a conversation. To top all of this off, you have to wait in line to pay at the register. When we got to the bar area, there were so many people waiting in line to pay. We were 8th in line! I really can't think of one kind word to say about the whole dining experience. To the management: So many things are done wrong. Change the table arrangements. Put in some light fixtures over the tables. Put something "soft" in the room to absorb sound. Don't seat customers until you are ready to wait on them. Grilled cheese sandwiches should be well toasted! Clean the floors between customers. Don't make your customers wait in line to pay their bill. Serve chips in a bag where customers can have a variety - salt & vinegar, bbq, salt & pepper, jalapeno cheese - so many different flavors that would compliment your sandwiches. Make the customer feel welcome.

2  Thank blessings
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I live locally and love that this place has come to town. Great variety of food and beers! I've been numerous times and will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wife and took the grand kids for lunch. Very family friendly, great menu. Sandwiches were wonderful, great cheese, great bread. Prices are very fair for the quality. Simple seating, lots of windows, staff very friendly and helpful. Will return again!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First visit and I loved it. They say their specialty is grilled cheese in many forms. The food is very good and worth the trip. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is quaint. Sweet potato fries are excellent. Not too much noise which is nice