“Good Cheese”

Ranked #2 of 403 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Fayetteville's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Decatur, Alabama, United States
“Good Cheese”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Wife and took the grand kids for lunch. Very family friendly, great menu. Sandwiches were wonderful, great cheese, great bread. Prices are very fair for the quality. Simple seating, lots of windows, staff very friendly and helpful. Will return again!

Visited December 2012

“Nice”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First visit and I loved it. They say their specialty is grilled cheese in many forms. The food is very good and worth the trip. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is quaint. Sweet potato fries are excellent. Not too much noise which is nice

“YUM!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Heard good things for a long time so I finally checked it out and I'm glad I did! Such a chill atmosphere, excellent service, and DELICIOUS food! We started off with the edamame hummus appetizer, it was SO GOOD! I had the Italian Stallion and my mother had the Caprese Melt, we halved them and traded halves, SOOO DELICIOUS! I highly recommend both of those! We can't wait to go back, we are determined to try all of the sandwiches! It was packed so we opted to sit at the bar. The bartender was super cool! I give this place an A+

• Visited August 2013
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Any kind of grilled cheese you can think of and then some with cute and witty names!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love Hammontrees. We have been on several occasions and suggest it to many of our friends when they are in Fayetteville.

Just about everything we have tried has been delicious. They have a variety of sandwiches, soups and side items in a addition to the grilled cheese selection.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.... couples, families, group meetings, etc.

• Visited December 2012
Springfield, MO, US
“Delicious, and Great Value!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The sweet potato fries were AMAZING. So many choices of sandwich- we had the edam/blue/bacon/spinach and the gouda/artichoke. Both were delicious, but I couldn't stop eating the fries. My daughter even loved them and she doesn't usually like sweet potato fries.

It was also very reasonable- I think we spent $25 total with the tip for two people, and we couldn't finish all the food.

• Visited August 2013