“Best grilled cheese in town”

Hammontree's Grilled Cheese
Ranked #1 of 394 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fayetteville's original grilled cheese joint. Hammontree's specializes in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with high quality ingredients; sourced locally when possible. We also have made from scratch soups daily, salads, and specialty sausages.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“Best grilled cheese in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

The last time in I had the buffalo chicken grilled cheese. Great taste and good size portion. The family loves to stop there anytime we are visiting Fayetteville. Excellent wait service staff

Visited September 2012

Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great sandwiches and soup!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I love this place! It has the best grilled cheese sandwiches and soups. Need to eat there more often. Something for everyone.

1 Thank kibby
Léogâne, Ouest, Haiti
“My Favorite Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was suspicious when I heard "Grilled Cheese" for a restaurant, but Hammontree's is probably the greatest thing that has ever come to Fayetteville. Outdoor seating right next to dickson and the best damn sandwiches I have ever had in my life.

Get the Cheebaca. I've had several sandwiches here, but this one is the best (for vegetarians, there is plenty here for you too!)

Visited June 2012
Detroit, Michigan
“Good sandwich selection”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stopped here on our way through Arkansas. It was very hot that day and the AC inside the restaurant wasn't working well, but our waitress was very pleasant and helpful. I ordered a sandwich with goat cheese to try something new and I didn't really care for it, but that is probably more my own personal taste than a problem with the restaurant. The rest of my family seemed to really enjoy their sandwiches. There are lots of interesting menu items- I wish I had chosen a different one. The location was good- close to the University of Arkansas. There is a pay parking lot right in front of the restaurant.

Fayetteville, AR
“After all it’s a Grilled Cheese Sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great place for lunch. It’s a nice break from burgers, pizza, and wings.