“Love this theater!!!”
Review of TheatreSquared

TheatreSquared
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 2005, TheatreSquared (T2) is Northwest Arkansas's regional theatre, producing professional work that is challenging and heartfelt, intimate and entertaining. The theatre reaches an annual audience of 24,000 patrons, including 12,000 students and their teachers, offering 95 annual performances in the 175-seat Studio Theatre at Walton Arts Center's Nadine Baum Studios. As a professional company, TheatreSquared employs trained artists from across the country to design, direct and perform each new production. In the state of Arkansas, the theatre is one of only two year-round companies contracted with Actors Equity Association, the union of professional actors and stage managers. In 2011, T2 was recognized by the American Theatre Wing, founder of the Tony Awards, as one of the nation's ten most promising emerging theatres.
Joplin, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love this theater!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We have season tickets to Theatre Squared and have thoroughly enjoyed our experiences there. We have been to 6 different productions there and have always been impressed with the quality of the actors and the set. This is a very small theater so all the seats are excellent. We were very happy with the new chairs that have been installed since last season. They are much more comfortable than before. It is nice to have such a quality theater within short driving distance to us without having to go to a large city (we live an hour and a half away).

Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent Theatre”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just started going to T-Squared last season for Next to Normal. It was so outstanding that we bought season tickets this year. Saw the first production already, The Spiritualist. In addition to the wonderful new seats, the production was again excellent. I have played scenes over and over in my head marveling at the quality of the acting. This experience is well worth the modest cost.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Top-notch theater”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Along with Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville and the Walton Arts Center in Fayetteville, TheatreSquared is one of the best reasons to live in or visit Northwest Arkansas. If you don't happen to like the first play you see there, try again. For productions run the gamut from rollicking comedies to familiar classics to cutting-edge new drama. Each season includes a variety. I am a season-ticket holder and like the variety, but my favorites are the edgy new dramas from New York. Seeing Next to Normal last spring was one of the best theatrical experiences I've had anywhere, and that includes quite a few on Broadway. I am greatly looking forward to Amy Herzog's 4000 Miles, which was a Pulitzer finalist for 2013.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Plays by local writers as well as others”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is a production venue in the round with professional actors . Very interesting and enjoyable. Some of then plays are traditional and others modern--a nice mix .

Visited July 2013
fayetteville, arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“TheatreSquared more than local theater.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have very much enjoyed my 2 seasons as a season ticket holder at TheatreSquared. I have seen 'new' to the stage creations, as well as some wonderful adaptations, such as 'It's a Wonderful Life'. I've read that we will have new, more comfortable seats this year. Due to my renewal of my subscription, my seat is right in front, in the middle. I'm so close to the actors, I could touch them. Wonderful experiences.

Visited April 2013