“Very nice place!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Memphis, TN
“Very nice place!”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I was here for 2 nights on business. This is a new hotel and everything was perfect.

They have a reception in the evening and free hot breakfast in the am. Rooms were very nice and everything was clean. Good location near some restaurants and shopping.

All in all a good choice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
texas
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed at this hotel recently. It's pretty new, but very nice. We had a one bedroom suite. It was quiet. The A/C worked great. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Maumelle, AR
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I made reservations well in advance of our stay for a two bedroom suite. The two bedroom suite was even CONFIRMED by the MANAGER via email who stated: " . . . please move forward with confidence that your family will rest comfortably in our spacious 2-bedroom suite." This was AFTER I explained I didn't want to make the drive with a tired family with a young child and not have a two bedroom suite available! Well - it was NOT available! We were offered a second room, no charge, fair enough. THEN the desk clerk calls our room to say the manager never promised a two bedroom suite and the second room would be charged at a discounted rate (which it was NOT due only to my persistence). It was INSULTING. I was too embarrased to even go down for breakfast which closes at 9:00 !! Are you kidding? For a leisurely weekend?
Upon arrival, our room SMELLED like a dirty vacuum bag, seriously! Family was sneezing and coughing all weekend -- and we don't usually have allergies.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom ran CONSTANTLY if the door opened during the night it woke up whoever was still asleep.

The pool was TINY -- can't say it enough -- TINY TINY TINY -- two strangers would be quite uncomfortable in it.

The bed was very uncomfortable to us -- we're used to Embassy Suites in Rogers and Hilton Promenade in Bransonm, and Hilton in Pensacola Beach. Not to be snooty, but I won't stay in another Homewood Suites - this one turned me off that badly.

As my title states, we will NEVER stay here again...ever.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank GmaCheryl
Sherman,Texas
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I stayed their for three days. The hotel it self is beautiful and can't say anything bad. Like anything this new, there were some kinks they are working out. Management is aware of them. I was disappointed in the pool not being open but they explained why. It rain for the 3 days I was there and went to rent CD for viewing. They had very small selection and better then 50% of what they had were children movies. I bought it to management attention and they are working on a larger supply. They have breakfast from 6 AM to 9:00 Am and i have to say in their defense. It is hard to keep eggs fresh for those that show up at 8Am but they are doing there best.. The staff is very courtious and know they have some kinks to work out and they are working to do all that. Would I go back? In a heart beat! All new things like cars need a breaking in period and they are going through theirs. THE STAFF ARE OUTSTANDING!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cdkimk
Arkansas
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I normally wait until I check out of hotels so I can rate the entire experience, but this time I have made an exception! This hotel has only been open for two months and it is gorgeous. The look and feel is what you would expect of a Hilton brand hotel- classy, upscale, and with a modern flair. My suite felt like a mini-apartment. The room was equipped with a mini-kitchen complete with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, dishes, etc. The layout of the room "hides" the kitchen from the main living area which was a thoughtful plan. The countertops in the kitchen and bathroom are granite. The shower is a full walk in- no bathtub. The closet is a large walk in style. To give you some persepctive on the size of the room, there were 5 lamps. To complete the "at home" feel, the room was also equipped with a ceiling fan over the bed- very uncommon in most hotels. A hot breakfast and light dinner are provided for hotel guests. I am not sure if the sofa doubled as a pull out bed...however the room is quite sizable- 5-6 people can lodge her comfortably. Amenities include fitness center, indoor pool, basketball court, gas grill, business center. Wireless and cable internet service is available at no additional charge. I highly recommend this location. It is 3 exits away from the Fayetteville Business District so decent restaurants (and the Northwest AR mall) are less than 5 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank AKAPearl
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We only spent one night and I think we were the first to spend the night in our one-bedroom suite. It was clean, however, the tub drain smelled awful. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the room very quiet. We would stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple