Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Fayetteville
Hiawatha, Kansas
“Comfy!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights at Candlewood Suites for Bikes Blues and BBQ and really enjoyed our stay. They do have a minimum 3 nights during this event which we where looking forward too. Due to an emergency we had to cut it to 2 nights we where fully expecting to have to pay for the unused night however to our surprise when checking out they removed the charge for the unused night, thank you so much for understanding! Rooms very spacious and well appointed. Towels where very high quality which is much appreciated. The front desk was helpful when asking for extra pillows and brought them to our room. The bed was only a full size bed but very comfortable. Our room was quiet and the temp easy to control. Front desk staff throughout the day and night where very helpful and courteous! We did enjoy the little shop with food especially after a late night on Dickson Street large selection and very reasonably priced. The info pack given to us on checkin very helpful and the numbers of the taxi services in town much appreciated. We will return in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa K
Razorbackhotel, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to give an excellent review of our property! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Austin
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a great stay as we were in town to attend a football game at Razorback stadium. The staff were all very friendly, welcoming and accommodating. The room was very efficient and effective. Great to have the full kitchen when traveling with kids. Sure, there's no breakfast, but the desk gave us a "welcome packet" with a $15 Hardee's gift card (located in nearly the same parking lot). Plus they gave a $5 voucher for the "cupboard" which is stocked with food and drink. The only issue we had was the non-working hair dryer in the room, and they didn't have a spare or means to fix it. Minor and insignificant all things considered. They even ran free shuttle service to the stadium, although we already had other arrangements. I wasn't really expecting any housekeeping service being that it's an extended stay hotel, but they did come in between our two night stay and tidy up, taking care of our dirty dishes and making the beds and vacuuming. I'll probably never be in Fayetteville again, which is a shame actually because everyone was so welcoming and nice, but if I were I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to give an excellent review of our property! We are very happy that you were glad you stayed here! We hope to see you soon!
Castaic, California, USA
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I would definitely stay here again if ever in Fayetteville. Every one at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. I am sorry another traveler had problems with Tim Reddin, I found him to be very pleasant and helpful and seemed to be there 24/7.The place was packed with people for softball tournaments and a Walmart shareholders convention but I only had one evening of my 10 day stay that I got woken up by a baby crying.

This is an extended stay place so rooms are not cleaned every day but you can get clean towels at the desk every day. I asked if I could get more travel cups and sugar packets and they told me to just take it from the "store" (no charge). There is a small "store" in the lobby where you can purchase water, juices, snacks and light dinners. There is also a Super Walmart right up the street which was very convenient. They have a small gym and also a place to do laundry if needed. I took trash to the place they designated but to be honest it was by the stairs and my room was closer to the elevator so I don't know how long it sat there since I only took it once.

There is a full size fridge and freezer, 2 burner stove, coffee maker, dishwasher and microwave. Dishes are supplied as is silverware and some pots and pans.

Sounds weird but I have a very bad back and have trouble sleeping in hotel beds so I slept in the lounge chair so I can't say how comfortable the beds are - the chair was very comfortable. The pillows are kinda flat so I used 2 together. The room is nice size and comfortable.

At the rate I had of $69 a night I would definitely stay here again - I think it deserves more than 2 stars which someone else mentioned it had.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for taking time to give an excellent review of our property! We are very happy that you would choose to stay with us again and we hope to see you soon!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I'll start with the good so this part won't take long. The rooms are comfortable. Just keep in mind this is a 2-star hotel so you get what you get. The staff was very pleasant, except for the GM, Tim Reddin. This is an extended stay hotel, meaning you get zero service. YOU, the customer, are expected to do your own cleaninig. Although, I understand this concept, they still charge $100 per night. Typically, if you do request for your trash to be emptied, towels changed out etc. you would expect for that to be accomodated. NOPE, not if Tim is there. I asked him politely if they would service my room. He responded with "how many nights have you been here?" I told him one. He flat out said "no, we don't do that." In addition, he didn't offer any other help. He didn't suggest we exchange our towels or give us new trash bags. Disgusted, I took out trash, bagged it, and left it next to the trash can by the elevator. It sat for 36 hours! It was still there when I checked out after staying 2 nights! The GM is worthless! Worthless! You are rude sir, and you need to be fired, immediately! In addition, I liked the crummy T-shirt and jean look. How embarrassing. I would not recommend this hotel, period.

Room Tip: My tip is, dont ever stay an Candlewood Suites in Fayetteville, AR.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear mmapes1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. This is an extended stay hotel and only offers housekeeping weekly. However if you requested daily housekeeping, you should have been given the rates for this service. I am sorry you were refused. I would like to discuss this further with you. I have sent you a private email in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This was my 3rd time staying at this location, therefore feeling like a frequent customer. Its always wonderful to go back to where you feel at home. We enjoy it due to short distance to university, where our son attends. Its easy to navigate around city from central location as well. The kitchen area is great due to full size stove and refrigerator, making it great for several night stay. The staff is always friendly and attentive, and commom areas very clean. If you are member of Priority Club and call direct, staff normally offer discount rate than computer fee (except Razorback game day for football or baseball). Either way, it still has great rates.

Room Tip: If you enjoy watching traffic, choose room facing MLK drive.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Lauren at the front desk was a DELIGHT and sooooo nice and helpful. She's an angel, I swear. The room was a good size, and included a full kitchen, which was a nice little amenity to have, particularly the full-sized fridge & freezer. The pillows were total crap though. Way too soft, and we only had three of them, so I ended up sleeping with one balled up as much as I could & then the little throw pillow they put on the bed. Even the next day, while I was lounging on the bed and reading, I had to have all three stuffed up behind me so I could sit up in the bed comfortably. They were basically useless as pillows go. But that's definitely my only complaint.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brittany G
Razorbackhotel, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Fayetteville-Univ. of Arkansas, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Thank you for your excellent review of our property! We hope to see you again soon!
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Great place, night clean rooms and full kitchen. Definitely worth the money. See pics for room

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your great review of our property!! We hope to see you again soon!