“Sushi Sushi Sushi”

Wasabi
Ranked #46 of 394 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Sushi Sushi Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went to a restuarant across the street but weren't in the mood for that fare or price (no offense.) It was already getting late and were very hungry so we were grateful to be able to go across the street to dine at Wasabi. One thing: our waiter wasn't REALLLLLY friendly...kind of like he forgot he was actually waiting on us. Plus the staff was having a staff meeting as soon as close and we got there 45 minutes before, so their lackadaisical mood was not crisp but none-the-less, the food hit the spot

Visited January 2014

Purcell, Oklahoma
“Amazing as always!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We started off our trip to wasabi with my son hitting his face on the car mirror. The waiter was prompt and nice. He brought my child a home made ice bag. He also made up the chopsticks for both my children. Kevin is his name and he was sweet and great. The food here is outstanding. The bento boxes are the way to go. You get so much great food with a huge variety. I also recommend the mole roll and volcano roll. Their fried rice is the best I have had. Parking is limited so go park in back for a small fee. I come here every time I visit back home.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Imitation crab does not equal crab. Allergy alert and bad service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

At Wasabi today, I ordered the Elvis sushi roll. From the menu: "Elvis: Salmon topped Avocado Arab Roll Japanese Mayo Garlic Ponzu Eel Sauce Baked" ($11.95)

From this description, you would think this roll contained crab, right? (Probably because it SAID it contains crab. Duh.) Well, you would be wrong.

The roll contained that really cheap (and gross) imitation crab meat like you get at the grocery store. It was finely shredded so that it was hard to tell, but that was indeed what it was. The waitress didn't really come around and check on us, so by the time she came around, we were at the end of the meal. I told her that the roll contained imitation crabmeat, not actual crabmeat.

She says, "Yeah, it's imitation crabmeat."

...

"But it says crab on the menu."

"Ok."

(No, not ok!)

"I would not have ordered this if I had known it was imitation crabmeat."

"Ok."

(No, still not ok!!)

(More forcefully) "I paid extra for this because I thought it had crab in it, but it doesn't. I would not have ordered this if I had known you were giving me imitation crabmeat."

Then she finally seems to get that this is a problem and goes to see if she can get it discounted for us. It ended up being 50% off.

It is absolutely not ok to pass off imitation crabmeat as real crab. For one, I paid a premium price for crab, when in fact, I was getting cheap, processed, grocery store grossness that is a combination of who-knows-what ingredients. Second, if someone had an allergy to one of the ingredients in the imitation crab, they could get really sick because no one told them those things would be in the sushi roll. Most people are probably like me and figure that when the menu says you are getting crab, you're getting... crab. I guess they assume the drunk college kids coming from the bars on Dickson St. will never know the difference.

Unfortunately, I believe this will be our first and only visit to Wasabi. Diner beware!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MagNEATO
Minnesota
“Best sushi ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have the baked baby lobster roll and it was delicious. we also had the asparagus roll. It was quiet for a Monday night but there a lot of to-go orders leave the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
N.W.A.
“Top Notch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Some of the Best Sushi in town! Service is good, but the hostesses seem to be preoccupied and detached. I've eaten here over a dozen times, and I'm not exactly sure what they are being paid for. They could be replaced by a sign that says seat yourself. Now back to the sushi, it is top notch! Dickson st. roll and heart attack are awesome. As is the Mole and just about any other roll you may order.

Visited January 2013