“Red Beans and Rice -- Oh, How mighty Nice!”
Review of Cafe Rue Orleans

Cafe Rue Orleans
Ranked #51 of 431 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My second trip to Rue Orleans and the service again was great. Mulling through the menu of many delights -- being from New Orleans I miss my "Rice and Beans Mondays" so my mouth watered for that and more. I asked the server if I could have half and half, Red Beans and Fried Catfish -- Yep, I got what I wanted and both were more than just sumptuous -- I met Maudie, the owner and mentioned about our Mardi Gras in Eureka Springs -- She said that she had been delighted to attend the Coronation Ball when Cyd King was a Duchess in the Royal Court. And more pleasantries were exchanged. I shall return!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were greeted warmly and promptly arriving at 10:30 for Sunday Brunch. After a Mimosa (for .99, nice) we ordered the Eggs Ponchatrain which is their take on eggs benedict with an English muffin, crab cake, poached egg and seafood sauce with a side of cheese grits. It was good and the portion size was perfect for me. Wanting something sweet we added an order of beignets. While we enjoyed the egg dish I was disappointed the beignets which were doughy, dense and tough. The decor reflected an attempt at a NOLA feel with beads and lamps. The price was reasonable at $12.95 each. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

What more can I say? The title gives you everything you need to know. If you like New Orleans style food, then this place is for you. Very authentic and nice sized portions.

1  Thank CoachJJP
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Arrived at 11am opening time -- as this was my first visit. Wanted to dine there for the past few years and didn't realize that it was just across the street from the VA hospital where I make occassional visits.
I was more than pleased. Didn't go overboard on the Menu - decided on a cup of Anduille Gumbo and a Shrimp Poboy. Gumbo was Great -- Fried Shrimp were Exellent -- Bread loaf was Awsome.
Being from New Orleans, I inquired of the owner who I understand is from N'Awlins also.
Will Return!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This being oyster season, my wife and I thought we would try Rue just for them, despite our recent disappointing meal. Rue does know how to prepare deep fried foods well. The oysters were really excellent and the quantity was very generous. The waitress was very helpful. The bread was terrible as always.