“A nice touch of NOLA” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Rue Orleans

Cafe Rue Orleans
Ranked #43 of 394 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
cafeteriagurl
“A nice touch of NOLA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were greeted warmly and promptly arriving at 10:30 for Sunday Brunch. After a Mimosa (for .99, nice) we ordered the Eggs Ponchatrain which is their take on eggs benedict with an English muffin, crab cake, poached egg and seafood sauce with a side of cheese grits. It was good and the portion size was perfect for me. Wanting something sweet we added an order of beignets. While we enjoyed the egg dish I was disappointed the beignets which were doughy, dense and tough. The decor reflected an attempt at a NOLA feel with beads and lamps. The price was reasonable at $12.95 each. I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited May 2012

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
“My wife's favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

What more can I say? The title gives you everything you need to know. If you like New Orleans style food, then this place is for you. Very authentic and nice sized portions.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank CoachJJP
Eureka Springs
“Ya know What it means to Miss New Orleeeens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Arrived at 11am opening time -- as this was my first visit. Wanted to dine there for the past few years and didn't realize that it was just across the street from the VA hospital where I make occassional visits.
I was more than pleased. Didn't go overboard on the Menu - decided on a cup of Anduille Gumbo and a Shrimp Poboy. Gumbo was Great -- Fried Shrimp were Exellent -- Bread loaf was Awsome.
Being from New Orleans, I inquired of the owner who I understand is from N'Awlins also.
Will Return!

• Visited April 2012
Fayetteville, AR
“Fried Oysters are very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

This being oyster season, my wife and I thought we would try Rue just for them, despite our recent disappointing meal. Rue does know how to prepare deep fried foods well. The oysters were really excellent and the quantity was very generous. The waitress was very helpful. The bread was terrible as always.

• Visited April 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

The food is absolutely to die for at Cafe Rue Orleans. The Shrimp Pontchartrain is one of the best dishes I have ever tried. The atmosphere is pretty tame and the parking lot is tiny, but you will not regret visiting this place. You wont find better New Orleans styled food anywhere. I stopped here on my way south to New Orleans with a few friends and all four of us left stuffed and happy. Great place.

• Visited August 2011