Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre
  • Breakfast included
$72
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubseaweed bathbit datedbar foodfamily hotelsligo townbeautiful locationthird floorlast weekendfamily breakyeats countrybuffet stylesea viewleisure facilitiesfood was lovelyboth nightssingle bed
Reviewed May 12, 2014

staff were unfriendly and unwelcoming (with the exception of Marie at breakfast, brought a big smile to my face every time I seen her), the decor could be improved on a lot however with all those negatives being said, the room was good and the food was excellent. The breakfast and dinner had on both days I stayed could not be topped. I have stayed in the area on numerous occasions but this was my first time in this hotel and I think it is the best around for value and food quality so I will be choosing it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Tara H, Guest Relations Manager at Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for your feedback as we greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so. I have brought your comments to our management team and we are addressing same. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Yeats Country Spa & Leisure Centre in the near future

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Location good, Room clean, Its pity that staffs are extremely unfriendly unhelpful unwelcoming! its not just one or two staffs, most staffs are very grumpy + unhelpful. Food over priced too!
You must make sure about your booking!!
They couldn't find my booking even I gave my credit card details, name, home/work phone numbers etc! but I did remember name of receptionist who took my booking! It took more than half hour to sort my booking and receptionist was very bad mood!

Room Tip: check Live music night and get a room miles away from the bar!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank japwic

Dear apwic,

Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent stay at the Yeats Country Hotel & Leisure Centre, we are disappointed that you found reception below standard and are currently addressing this issue.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is a bit off the city center. I picked it because of TA reviews and the cost of a room. I was not disappointed. Views from my room delicious. Service is functional--nobody seems to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Room and breakfast were more than satisfactory. Excellent indoor swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Arizona,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, we really appreciate you kind and positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back to the Yeats Country Hotel Spa & Leisure Club

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was a student in IT Sligo for two years and graduated last year, I had booked the Yeats hotel for myself and family for the occasion. One week before my Graduation the Hotel decided to close that week and left me high and dry. The majority of hotels in and around Sligo were booked out due to the high demand graduations bring and I was left with the prospect of having to drive from Limerick at 5 am to attend my grads and having to travel back afterwards. I began to look at hotels in Galway and Mayo to ease the burden and get some enjoyment out of this occasion. I eventually found Castle Dargan just outside Sligo and It was a blessing in disguise !!!
Management didn't care at all.......

WOULDN'T RECOMMEND AT ALL ...............................

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank broshea78

Dear broshea78,

We are sorry we had to close the hotel at short notice, and apologise for the inconvenience. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss same please do not hesitate in contacting me at a time convenient to yourself

Reviewed May 6, 2014

After reading previous review, i was quite cautious visiting this hotel and didn't expect much, but what we found when we arrived was a delightful, Warm and friendly hotel. When we arrived we were welcomed by the receptionist who was good enough to upgrade our room to a sea view free of charge as it was a special occasion.
Our bedroom was no 317, The Room was clean and the view was amazing, it had all the basic facility's. Its wasn't the Ritz but it was, what we paid for and value for money at that.
The leisure center was good, it had all the facility's, it was clean and fit for purpose.
The bar and lounge areas are very relaxing and spacious with open fires and lovely decor.
Breakfast consisted of a well laid out buffet, with plenty of fresh hot and cold food, a great selection of cereals, breads and fruit. The lady serving at breakfast was very helpful, friendly and willing to help in any way she could, im sorry i didn't get her name to give her a personal mention. After breakfast we went for a seaweed bath. It was Relaxing to say the least, the lady in the spa informed us of the benefits of our treatment and really looked after us throughout the whole experience.
To sum all of the above up, The yeats Country hotel is well worth a visit. Don't judge this hotel by previous reviews. It truly is value for money and great place to get away from all life has to throw at you.
One tip i would have for the management is to get onto Sligo county council and ask them to remove the clothes bank and the run down basketball court near the hotel, it really lets the area down and i am sure that they could locate the clothes bin to a different location. Although this is no fault of the hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third or forth floor with a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank damienwhaley

Dear damienwhaley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to offer your feedback, its very much appreciated. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Yeats Country Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre in the near future