“Excellent Family Holiday Hotel stay... at the very end of 2013 !”

Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rosses Point
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed with our two small kids, the staff are absolutely great & child friendly.
The kids club' was a cherry on top. Our 4 year old had some lovely time. Children Swimming pool is nice for kids too. We both had some lovely & relaxing spa experience in their spa especially the seaweed bath !

The only my small issue was No Wiifii in rooms & restaurants to keep my kids engaged. It's a small thing I wonder why hotel is not much cared..

The location of this hotel is really fabulous with sea view.. If you are thinking about booking the hotel, as a family holiday...I would recommend it...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JoKallarackal

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Another excellent visit to the Yeat's Country Hotel, which has always been and always will be our favourite hotel in Ireland. Our excuse this time for a visit was a family Christening. From the warm welcome to the excellent service, the experience was a complete joy and we can't wait to go back again. In particular we would like to thank Evelyn on reception, Valerie and Eileen. The kindness and consideration they showed our father who was unwell went above and beyond the call of duty. They could not have done any more for him. These girls are a credit to the Yeat's Country Hotel and to Irish hospitality in general. It is no wonder that we have such a great reputation throughout the world.

Room Tip: Ask tor a sea view. Simply stunning!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sjackson262
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had reason to be in Sligo for two days. The hotel itself is in need of updating and the sign of damp on the lampshade over on bed was matching the discolouration of the curtains. We got a special deal care of lidl breaks for bed and breakfast. Breakfast very good buffet self service. Despite the need for redecorating the room was clean and importantly, we did sleep very well. The bathroom was very clean, just had to let the shower run for about 5 minutes to get the hot water. The wifi is not good so that was a pity. Did not get time to see or use the spa/pool. The female reception staff were very pleasant which is always great.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Emccc
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Sitting on top of a hill over looking the bay, absolutely lovely. The hotel is a bit tired looking on the inside, but very clean and tidy. My bedroom was a family room with a double, two singles beds and a settee in a large room, and a decent size bathroom. Although it was at the side of the hotel you still got bay views. The breakfast was very good, something for everyone, as was the evening meal menu.

Room Tip: Front rooms for the best view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JOHN L
Reviewed October 2, 2013

we stayed in this hotel last June for the RNLI sea shanty festival and while our welcome to Rosses Point and this hotel as participants in the sea shanty festival was excellent our stay in the Hotel left a bit to be desired. Our room in the hotel was very outdated and in urgent need of renovation. A coat of paint and general brightening up of the room would have made a difference the furniture including beds could also do with being replaced we did not get a chance to use the spa or leisure facilities so we cannot comment on these areas.

Room Tip: Sea view room would be a decided advantage
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We checked in on Saturday about 1.30pm with a group of about 30-35 persons and occupied in the region of 10 rooms. The check in was efficient enough despite there being only one person manning the check in. Our room was ‘adequate’ with staining on the sofa and carpet, and some of the furniture that had seen better days.
Most of the group would have gone to have lunch in the bar over the course of the afternoon. It was noticed at a very early stage that staffing levels did not reflect the number of guests. The reference to ‘Fawlty Towers’ was used by other guests on a number of occasions.
There was one stressed out bar person covering front and back bar work and trying to serve tables as well. We then noticed that she was joined by the receptionist with a portable phone left on the bar to cover the desk duties also!
There was no soup available with the excuse that chef hadn’t left out any last night – I would have hoped that the soup would be made fresh that morning as is the norm everywhere else.
Eventually back up arrived, or so we thought, when a managerial type person assumed responsibility for operations. This was not the case with people waiting up to fifteen minutes to have an order taken (on a scrap of paper rummaged from behind the till) and anything up to an hour to be actually served if food was ordered. During this time the atmosphere in the bar was chilling to say the least. There was never a please, a thank you, sorry for the delay, a smile or anything even resembling customer respect. I requested the back door be closed to keep out the very cold breeze and I was told- ‘I will in a minute!’
It was later on that evening that we learnt with disbelief that this person was in fact the Hotel Manager…..
When my wife went with my two children to the leisure area she was very disappointed to see the Jacuzzi empty, and the steam-room and sauna not working. On visiting the toilets I noticed that the wheelchair accessible toilet was three steps up to it.
The kids club consisted of colouring at a table and left all but a few kids bored after half an hour. The crèche was very welcoming and was a great service.
That evening, having failed to secure a table at another local restaurant and the hotels own Elsinore restaurant, we returned to the bar for our evening meal. What an ordeal that turned out to be…. We ordered eventually from the young barman and after messing up the starters my fellow diners felt it was better to eat what they were given or risk making things worse. My wife failed to receive her dish at all as it had been left out. My med/rare steak was served blue/rare. After I returned it I received it back cremated and very well done. I then requested the manager come to the table and was told he was still in his office and would be out shortly. This was the busiest service time that evening and the manager was in his office!?
Eventually we received a message from the bar that we would be given a few bottles of wine to make up for the mistakes. After a further wait the manager arrived, removed the offending steak and simply said ‘sorry about that’ before disappearing again. We were very disappointed and I did not bother with the wine or the offer of a few drinks as this was not what we wanted. We simply wanted to be respected as guests.
The next morning we arrived at about 10am for breakfast only to discover pure and utter chaos again. There were dirty tables everywhere and no sign of any manager to oversee operations. The scene resembled a bad canteen. The basics were missing with no fresh fruit, yoghurts, bread rolls, and only instant coffee. Instant coffee in a hotel….??
The tea and toast was being served by the Accommodation Manager, receptionist and a team of dis-orientated waiting staff. Four requests for coffee, tea and toast went ignored and when we did get them the toast was undone, the tea was cold and the coffee was instant. The buffet was far too small, chaotic and with poor quality sausages - some of which were sour. There were no teaspoons, cups, butter or sauces available on the tables.
The service from all the staff was as good as they could have provided under the circumstances. There was clearly a staffing level problem and this was inexcusable given that the hotel was full.
The room rate given was €105 B&B but our party ended up paying €60 per person.
Having spent quite a bit of time in this hotel in the mid 90’s I was appalled at how this once fine hotel had dropped to a 2** experience. I have a background in hotel management myself and realise the importance of feedback whether positive or negative. There were no comment cards available.
I would urge Mr.McEniff to look into the issues which I have raised and take this fine hotel back up to the level of quality that it once had.

Room Tip: Call the Raddisson and book there, please stay away from here for the love of....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank nuttysoutheat
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I needed a place on short notice and found this hotel on the internet. The receptionist was very nice and helpful something I cannot say about the staff in the breakfast room who seemed to be in a bad mood and not happy about the large numbers of customers. The hotel itself is somewhat outdated but clean. From what I have seen I would say it is place suited for families and the 60+ generation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
The Glasshouse
The Glasshouse
#5 of 8 in Sligo
Strandhill Lodge and Suites Hotel

Been to Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!