Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre
  • Breakfast included
$72
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewskids clubseaweed bathbit datedbar foodfamily hotelsligo townbeautiful locationthird floorlast weekendfamily breakyeats countrybuffet stylesea viewleisure facilitiesfood was lovelyboth nightssingle bed
Reviewed March 25, 2008

After reading the reviews on here we had second thoughts about going. We decided to experience for ourselves and the only thing we could complain about was that the front of the hotel could do with a bit of a face lift but otherwise we had a very enjoyable stay. Accommodation was good,clean and spacious, the food was lovely and plenty of it, there was great entertainment for the children and the views from the hotel were spectaculer,staff were great and had time for the kids, when they were`nt working in the bar or reaturantant they were cleaning and polishing. overall a great ,friendly and clean hotel, we`ll be back

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank C_and_P_8
Reviewed December 28, 2007

absolutely fantastic, great place to stay. just back from a night away (without the kids) and everything was brill. Spa treatments were fantastic. Leisure facilities were great, massave pool and gym. food was excellent and there was loads of it. hotel was clean and tidy. Rooms were big warm and comfortable, best bed ive slept in in ages. However the staff were the best, compitent, efficient and very, very welcoming. only wish we could have stayed longer. we are even concidering taking the kids for half term. hotel is very childeren friendly. I hope this helps to counteract some of the less favourable reviews on here.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jonathanandjune
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Just back from a very relaxing weekend at the Yeats Country Hotel. I had read reviews before going and was having second thoughts about going. My wife and I arrived on Friday afternoon and fair enough the Hotel could be doing with a lick of paint but never judge a book by its cover. Over our weekend we found the staff very friendly, the bars (and pints) were fantastic, the bedrooms were very clean and comfortable and the food was first class. I would definately stay at the Yeats Hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank rocky1971
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We did not intend to stay in Sligo, but due to unforseen circumstances had to find accommodation at 10 in the evening. Only place we could find with a room, was this hotel.

If you like tacky, rundown, noisy, bad food and inefficiency, this is the place for you. Else STAY AWAY!!

We would have been better off sleeping in the car!!!!

A real pity. The setting is stunning, but the whole experience will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank TomYum
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I wanted to get away from the Hotel I work in as an Accounts Manager , and have stayed here with my parents as a child and enjoyed it very much 30 years ago . My Daughter aged 12 and my partner all wanted to see this hotel well never again, children all over the place not well behaved up till all hours, even thou we were on the 4th floor the noise was a nightmare, breakfast slop thats all I can say , Staff very unsure how to handle large numbers, I even felt like going into the kitchen to get my own tea and coffee but had to stop my self forgetting I do not work in this hotel.

I feel sorry for the staff as no good management at all to be seen.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family