Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre
$92
  • Breakfast included
$72
  • Restaurant
All reviewskids clubseaweed bathbit datedbar foodfamily hotelsligo townbeautiful locationthird floorlast weekendfamily breakyeats countrybuffet stylesea viewleisure facilitiesfood was lovelyboth nightssingle bed
Reviewed October 15, 2012

myself my husband and 4year year old child went to this hotel.. we will be going back the staff were really helpful and friendly at the time my father was in hospital with cancer and had only a certain amount of time to live we only went for two nites but the reception staff did everything they cud for me they gave me there number and told me any time or day they wud contact me if any family tried to get in contact wiv me ...the meals were beautiful and the kidclubs were brillant my son loved them the staff there was so professial and kind to my child and i felt they took great care of him the bedrooms were nice and clean thank u so much to the staff and everyone we came in contact wiv and the entertainment at nite was great thank u

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were extremely disappointed with our stay in Yeats Country Hotel in Rosses Point. When I booked this as a surprise for my husband's birthday, the rooms looked beautiful, very luxurious etc. However, when we arrived, we found that the hotel was jaded and tired looking in the main. Our bedroom was a disgrace - like a 1980's B&B. There were no sumptuous furnishings, in fact the reverse. Our bed had a plain white duvet, there was one bedside locker, and dingy wardrobe and dressing table. We were looking out on an uncut garden with dilapidated children's play tower, and the wall of the hotel where the peeled off paint lay on the grass. It was in fact better just to pull the curtains, although they were not lined and of inferior material. I did complain, and was told that there were bedrooms like we had seen on the website, but they were full. However, there were no rooms like ours on the web, so it was in fact, false advertising! They had also advertised music, which seemed to have been cancelled. There was a party of senior citizens, who provided their own music, and were having a great time, but this was a private party, so we were left without music. All in all, a stay which we were glad to see the end of. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The website doesnt show all of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Disgruntled30
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was opened in 1953, judgeing by the appearance and smell ,the carpets,fixtures and fittings are the same ones still in use. There is only a set dinner menu available,no other choice,unbelieveable for a hotel. The location is great,close to the sea,however it is long overdue an upgrade or else close down.

Room Tip: all rooms the same,in need of a complete make over.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank WestmeathHelen
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We booked a 2 night stay with 1 evening meal for 2 Adults and 3 kids, our baby is 6 mts, when we arrived they had our booking wrong, we got a room for 2 adults 1 child, I had 2 ask 4 times for a travel cot, when it arrived I regretted not taking my own, it had no mattress poor wee man ending up sleeping beside us, very very noisy at night other kids running up and down corridor at all hours of the night, pool was lovely that was about it, evening meal was bad, worst food I've ever had, dessert was the nicest out of the 3 courses so that is saying something!!. My eldest enjoyed kids club the girls work hard I hope they are paid well. We will never return here for the price we paid it wasn't a great experience. I feel like the Irish hotels love to rip off their own, we work hard for our few pound and they get away with bad service and crap food..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank budsie34
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

We are on the 3rd night of a 3 night stay and my wife, three year old son and six year old daughter are sad... Tomorrow morning will be the last morning that the breakfast train will stop to collect my two kids and bring them to breakfast. After breakfast the Kids Club brings them swimming until 12.00. Then we all have soup and sandwiches in the lobby. The hotel makes beautiful soup. Then it's down to the beach. At 5.00 the Kids Club reopens and they all go to the restaurant for dinner. At this point mum and dad go to Austies for a little tipple. Austies has to be one of Irelands best pubs. Then its up to the hotel for dinner. The restaurant is beautiful and we have found breakfast and dinner to be excellent. The Kids Club will entertain the kids until 10pm then there are DVD's for them after. My two faded about 9pm most nights and we all retired. We have two adjoining rooms which look to be recently renovated. Beds are particularly good - I have a bad back and need a good firm matress. My wife used the Spa for a seaweed bath and back massage and it is excellent. But it is the Kids Club and the staff that really made this little break magic for the kids. Mind you the restaurant and bar staff looked after mum and dad pretty well too! Sad to be leaving...

• Stayed: August 2012