Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant
$198
$192
$160
Athlone Springs Hotel(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$138
$123
Shamrock Lodge Hotel Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$104
$89
Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone(Athlone)(Great Value!)
$157
$150
Abbey Hotel(Roscommon)
Hannon's Hotel(Roscommon)
Percy French Hotel(Strokestown)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssconesroscommon townon arrivalopen firethe main squaregalway hookerwarm welcomehome away from homeowners and staffirish hospitalityjunior suitesoupscentral locationlamblovely touchcomfortable roomtea coffee
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend. Absolutely fabulous place.
From the second we arrived we were so welcome.
The rooms are basic enough but cosy & extremely clean. The bathrooms are adorable-just like the pictures.
The breakfast is top notch!! There is also a fab little coffee shop with all home made produce.
Well done to the team at Gleeson's. your establishment is a credit to you & we look forward to recommending you & returning!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at Gleesons with my partner for a nearby wedding a few months ago. The price was reasonable-ish for a Saturday night at I think 89 euro's for the room B&B. Upon checking in we were told to head down to the cafe for a drink and a cake/snack on the house so we had a lovely coffee and cake, a really really nice welcoming touch I haven't seen anywhere else so very well done on that! Our room was very disappointing though, quite small and very very basic and plain. This place appears on first glance faily quaint which we thought seemed like a good thing and we felft it wasn't any better than a very standard B&B. There was a note about home baked cookies and there were 2 tiny one-bite cookies in this big jar. Seemingly they are baked daily by the chef and I'm not saying they're not but on checking out we noticed a massive box of them in a plastic storage box on the housekeeping staffs trolley. Breakfast - in fairness they try to use homemade and local ingredients there was lovely jams/honey's etc for the porridge and a few nice breads. I ordered scrambled eggs and unless I am mistaken they were hard on top and I believe they had been nuked not cooked by hand. The waitress wasn't at all friendly and service was quite slow. I would stay again if I was in the area for a wedding or something but I think the rooms should be upgraded. Perhaps emphasis is on the restaurant as I am seeing a lot of good reviews.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I took my girlfriend to Gleesons Town House and Restaurant on the 6th december 2012 to celebrate 4 years together that day. It wasnt our first visit and I can assure you it certainly wont be our last. We enjoyed a fine meal prepared using only the freshest local ingredients and the menu consisted of a nice traditional and contempory selection. The Townhouse is in the centre of the town but once you go through the gates you would imagine being in a peaceful country setting. The gleeson family are very friendly and helpful in every way, the staff treat you with the highest respect and the food and hospitality is great value for money. I just cannot recommend a visit enough.

Room Tip: Great view from the front rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlanH308
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great place to go there for a evening meal with a huge selection to choose from, also has a great cafe with gorgeous and delicious fresh home-made treats like scones, cakes, pies.

The last time I was there I had the wonderful spiced parsnip soup, really tasty and different than the typical types of soups!

The staff are very friendly and are great for making sure you get a high standard of food everytime.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very central position in centre of Town. Welcoming family run guesthouse with restaurant.
Rooms very comfortable in quaint old townhouse. Reasonably priced. Easy pace - no need to rush out in the morning. Will certainly re-visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo