Abbey Hotel
Percy French Hotel(Strokestown)
Hodson Bay Hotel(Athlone)
The Silver Eel(Roscommon)
View Hotel
All reviewsleisure centrebar foodlovely hotelon arrivalroscommon townfamily roombar staffcarvery lunchold worldold styleweekend breakour room was spaciousfew drinksa lovely staystayed for one nightfamily weddingwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a voucher for the abbey hotel. 2B&B and wine and chocs for €69. Old hotel but comfortable. Staff very friendly. Ate in the bar served food and drink by a super girl named Monika. Chicken bites starter very good and hubbys fish and chips was also very good. My pulled pork was not great.
Breakfast could be improved. The scrambled egg was cold and the mushroom and white pudding trays were empty.
However, good value for the money and would return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I always stay in the Abbey when I visit relatives in Roscommon area. I have never had a reason to complain. Nice clean rooms , comfortable beds, good food, staff courteous and friendly .
I hope to book in again soon. It is an easy walk to the town centre and plenty of parking space.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a a lovely hotel located in Roscommom town. It is within walking distance of the town centre. The rooms were well presented, clean and tidy. The staff were courteous and professional. The food was of the highest quality and all in all it was a great experience and this is somewhere that I would return too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We all had a fabulous time in the Abbey Hotel. The rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was cooked freshly and to a high standard. We dined in the hotel and enjoyed tasty food which was presented beautifully. The waitress was efficient and friendly. I rated the spa highly albeit it is going to be closed for essential maintenance in May. Despite the obvious things that needed repaired it did not impact negatively on the experience and if anything it would just encourage me to go back. It was my first time in Roscommon and the hotel is in an ideal location to walk into town. I enjoyed the shops and I found everyone very friendly. All in all a great value break. I had read the other reviews before booking and thankfully i wasn't deterred, yes the hotel is old worldly but the furniture is all clean and I found a lovely ambience sitting in the lounge. The bed was very comfortable and the large winged chairs in the bedroom were also very comfortable much better than other hotels I've stayed in. Nothing negative to be said about the lighting, corridors well lit up and loads of natural light, the bedroom had five lamps as well as the ceiling lights so no problems there.there was a comprehensive booklet, brochure stand in the foyer giving all the places of interest and the staff were very helpful .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We packed our bags and headed north for Roscommon! Not very many hotels in Roscommon but then again Im sure theres enough to cater for the area... The Abbey hotel is tired, old fashioned and lacks comfort.. The TV in the room was like pre-historic stuff and the picture it transmitted matched. The waredropes had a freaky net curtain on the door... looked like a coffin or somthing in a morgue not a hotel. The ensuite was before my time and the old yellow tiles were just out of place. Took us 25 minutes just to get a menu for food and the food is basic nothing over the top. I hate to say it but the abbey hotel was more depressing than anything else we couldnt wait to get out and about!

Bed was clean.. thats about the only plus I could give it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple