“Affordable, wish I knew about the no corkage fee!”

La Trattoria Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Roscommon
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

From someone who isn't from the area this was a great place to pop in. There was a great atmosphere about the place.

There's no corkage charge so I wish I brought my own bottle of wine as there was an off licence down the road.

The staff were quite lax in waiting on tables. I love Italian food and they didn't disappoint!!

It's more of a family restaurant, although it looks like it would be great for a romantic setting!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Beware when ordering the steak here its thin and not great for the money (like a minute steak). Really think they should put a larger steak on the menu as it lacks that juiciness. Also sometimes find myself not full after the portions here.

On the other hand The creamy pollo dish is divine, The lasagne and whole shebang i would also recommend. One big advantage of having a meal here is you can bring your own wine which makes it great for meeting with friends. The staff are friendly and I love the old building and its atmospheric layout and this is the reason why i keep going back!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived in Roscommon earlier this afternoon, and this was our first meal in the town.
It certainly did not disappoint. The service was great and the food as very tasty. We are all looking forward to our next visit to La Trattoria.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ate here loads of times and loved it so booked it for family meal the day after i got married. did not get the private area I booked weeks in advance, was left waiting nearly an hour for our food. One dish had to be sent back as it was cold and a mix up with another order. Waiting staff very unprofessional. When it came to paying I spoke to them in private about the service charged as I did not feel that I should pay it for such a bad service. They did deduct the service charge from my bill.
My main concern is that I personally was very ill on the first 2 days of my honeymoon and when I returned from honeymoon I was informed that one family member needed to take time off work and go to the doctor as they were so ill. They were diagnosed with food poising. other family members were ill after eating it.
I was informed off all this when I returned from honeymoon. Needless to say I was horrified that we all had the same complaints. I rang the restaurant and explained my situation and asked if they could compensate me as literally the meal went down the toilet!!! they would not entertain me. The man I was speaking to was extremely rude and kept intercutting me. Needless to day the conversion didn't go too well!' Not a good way to have a business. I could keep going on about the conversion and they way I've been treated but the main issue is I will never eat or recommend this place again. So unprofessional and was nearly left in tears after the phone call. I explained as they are doing nothing for me I've no choice but to seek further advise of the health board and other related organisations.

9  Thank Roscommon214
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been a patron of this restaurant for years. Its a big hit locally due to the very reasonable prices and the fact that they let you bring your wine and charge NO corkage fee. This makes it great for parties and groups. the foods decent with big portions which is surprising based on their prices.

1  Thank Lynne K