“Quaint, charming, with excellent food and atmosphere..”
Review of The courthouse

The courthouse
Cuisines: Irish, European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Quaint, charming, with excellent food and atmosphere..”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were in Carrickmacross, a beautiful little town, around noon and needed a place for lunch. Someone recommended The Courthouse. We had an excellent meal in this charming Irish restaurant. The service was great, food wonderful and everyone was very friendly. There is even a cute Irish pub with a piano downstairs from the restaurant. Bring your singing voice!

Waterford City, Ireland.
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I Have visited this restaurant a couple of times Well worth the detour from the M1. Good food , excellent service and well priced.

• Visited September 2013
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend ate here recently on his recommendation. I found that the menu wasn't that varied. There was a god few fish dishes, and I don't like fish, so for me there wasnt much choice. In the end I had the chicken and my boyfriend had the duck. It took a while to arrive, but we were warned about this. It was very tasty and well presented. I would have liked a bit more potatoe and veg though.

the best part about this place for me was the dessert. We both got the hot chocolate bowl and oh my god it was sooooo good!

Overall it was a good place, but it depends on what you like. Im not big on fancy places, and this was more on the fancy side of things"

• Visited August 2013
Clones, Ireland
“Good, but with a twist”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I eat in this restaurant fairly often, and recently had Sunday lunch here with my husband and two young children. The menu is great, excellent value and the food is fabulous! The staff are always very friendly and approachable, even if you have forgotten to book! However I am hiding behind trip advisor to point out their major downfall. The management and chef do not appear to get along very well. Several times we have dined here at tables within earshot of the kitchen and several times we have had to distract our children so they do not hear the language being used. Whilst I understand that it is a pressured situation, I do not pay to have my family subjected to foul language and crass insults. I would just like them to be aware that the customers can hear this and that it is not exactly great family entertainment.

4 Thank Susanmurphykerr
County Cavan, Ireland
“Michelin Quality Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I would consider this one of the best restaurants in the area, on par with the Nuremore and Cabra Castle for flavours, but without the high prices.
There is genuine knowledge and experience put into everything; from the accompaniments the main courses etc.

They always have specials and a great early bird/lunch menu. If you love fresh, well flavoured sensible food then you simply must call in here.