I have stayed previously at the Nuremore and find it never disappoints. Our reason for going this time was a family birthday and we were a mixed group of families with young teenagers, some with small infants and elderly. The hotel meets everyone's needs. For the family members with small children there were family rooms with a a smaller bedroom adjoining the main room. This balanced privacy with proximity. the teenagers were delighted with the free internet plus the pool, whilst the fitness centre had excellent quality gym complete with TV consoles to distract one from the slog of post Christmas exercise.
The restaurant is worth a visit in itself. Two days post Christmas the menu ranged from steak, pigeon, rabbit, fish and venison all sourced from top quality producers. Variety in desserts and cheeseboard as well as an excellent wine list followed. This restaurant provides fantastic food at a reasonable price as part of the package.
However it is the people who make the Nuremore a pleasure to stay in and thanks to Sinead, Patricia, Eloise and Kevin to name just a few of the attentive staff who are always helpful and cheerful and never pretentious. The recent snow may have put some people off travel but if you want to be pampered ( I forgot to mention the spa treatments) and at the same time made feel one of the family go there. This is Irish hospitality at its best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Four Star Nuremore Hotel is a Family owned hotel located ideally only one hour from Dublin and Belfast, the perfect location for your next leisure, business or holiday break in Ireland. With our beautifully appointed accommodation, unrivalled cuisine, superb leisure and health facilities, elegant reception areas and landscaped gardens, the Nuremore Hotel has something for everyone. Renowned for having one of the best championship length golf courses in Ireland, the Nuremore Hotel and Country Club offers golfers and non-golfers alike the chance to relax, unwind and enjoy a little luxury. With our banqueting facilities and custom-built conference centre the Nuremore Hotel is the perfect venue for weddings, family functions and business meetings in Ireland. Located in the beautiful rolling Monaghan countryside, take the time to discover an area 'less travelled' - but all the more beautiful and authentic for it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nuremore Hotel and Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nuremore Hotel And Country
- Nuremore Resort And Country