“Fantastic Venue for a Wedding”

Nuremore Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carrickmacross
Carrickmacross, Monaghan, Ireland
“Fantastic Venue for a Wedding”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our wedding reception was held in the Nuremore Hotel and Country Club on Saturday 3rd August 2013. After planning our special day for over two and a half years, the hotel and it's staff exceeded our high expectations. From the moment we arrived at our reception, the staff provided excellent service and continually ensured that both my husband and I, as well as our guests were happy at all times. The food was second to none, both our wedding dinner and the lovely evening buffet. I do not exaggerate when I say all our guests commented on the amazing food - most of the saying it was the best wedding meal they had ever had. The attention to detail in every aspect of our reception was excellent. I cannot praise the staff and management enough for ensuring the day went perfectly and all the help and assistance they provided on the day and in the run up to the wedding. Nothing was too much trouble. Our pre wedding meetings covered every detail of the day ensuring everything ran like clock they even got a big screen into the function door for the day of our wedding so the Monaghan fans could cheer on the team in the All Ireland quarter final against Tyrone (sadly we lost) .The grounds of the hotel are stunning and made for some fantastic photos. I would like to express our sincere appreciation to our wedding co-ordinator Kevin Keenan, as well as Eileen, Maud and all of the staff, whom we had the pleasure of dealing with and who could not do enough for us.
We had a very memorable day and cannot commend the Nuremore Hotel and Country Club highly enough and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone planning to get married because If you want fantastic food, with a large private and spacious ball room, exceptional service and great value. Look no further.
Joanne & David the new Mr & Mrs Byrne

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joanne B
NuremoreHotel, Manager at Nuremore Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Joanne & David, A heart felt thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your wedding at The Nuremore. We really feel like weddings are our speciality and believe in providing our couples with great customer service and quality of product. We love helping celebrate life’s most important moments, be it a wedding, a christening or a weekend away with friends. We are thrilled we could help you celebrate your big day. We wish you both a very happy life together. Best regards, the team at Nuremore.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Ballyshannon, Ireland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

just back from five nights at the Nuremore and it was excellent, we stayed with two boys and we were so delighted with the free kids club. We only ate in the bar in the evening and it was very good and average prices. Apart from the kids club, the other best asset to this hotel are the wonderful welcoming staff, that made us feel so welcome. My only complaint was that our room 254 was very very hot, especially at night, and made sleeping uncomfortable. There was no actual heat on in our room that we could see, and due to the odd shape of the room, the window was not enough to cool the room. Overall a great venue for a family break, and carrickmacross is a great central location for travelling to tayto park and funtasia.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went with a group of seven ladies to play 18 holes in the Nuremore. The pro shop staff were really helpful and friendly on all the occasions that I had phoned while organising the outing. We had a meal and round of golf package for 40 euro. The course was really enjoyable with some interesting holes.. The last few holes were very hilly so the drink and a meal were very welcome at the end. The clubhouse staff again was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2013

we used this hotel as a stopping over point and found it to be one of the best we stayed in on our trip. The hotel room could not be faulted, fantastic views over the golf course. Food was excellent and the staff ever so helpful with our twin infant boys. Great landscapes meant our boys could run around. Even managed to get our boys into the pool for the first time.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked a night in the nuremore for my friends 30th. We got a grt deal on b&b. I also booked four spa treatments which was a back neck and shoulder massage. I booked the treatments a month previous to our visit, and spoke to the therapist on 2 different occasions i questioned on the 2 occasions did they mind us coming on the sunday, the therapist said it was fine that they opened on sundays. On the day we were arriving i wondered why the therapist hadn't rang to confirm as she said. So i rang the spa and they said i wasnt booked in and no therapist could come back in. I was fuming as this was booked in good time as a present to my friend. I rang back and got talking to the manager of the hotel, his name was kevin and he said he'd sort it and that he did. Kevin got back to me and had arranged a friend of his to come in and he also upgraded us to exceutive suite. He was very good and fair play to the young girl who came in she was brill. I really think the spa area manager shud use some kind of a confirmation texting service as my friends and i wud have been so disapointed if kevin hadnt if been able to arrange the girl. We ate in the bar that evening and food and staff were first class. We rooms were lovely, however we had to get upgraded to bridal suite at five in mornin because our room was full of wasps! Must have been a hive outside. Hope they get that sorted befire someone gets stung. Overall grt hotel and staff just a pity abt the annoyance with the spa

• Stayed August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I stayed in the Nuremore Hotel for 3 nights. When we got our room it had a bad view. We then asked for another room but the other one wasn't much better. Our room also only had one set of towels for one person even though there were four of us!! We asked one of the maids for more towels but we never got them, so we called reception and eventually got them.

On the first night we went to the pool and then had dinner in the bar because the restaurant was closed, the food was lovely but the service was slow.

On the second day we had breakfast there which was delicious and the service was good. . In the evening we decided that we would avail of our dinner package which was included in our deal. We all ordered a starter which took twenty minutes to arrive, the main course took another half an hour to arrive and the desserts took nearly twenty minutes!! All because the restaurant wasn’t open, and the bar was full up; the bar staff were serving and trying to run the bar. We couldn’t believe the restaurant wasn’t even open during the high season!! The restaurant wasn’t open any of the nights we were in the hotel. The service was terrible that night. At breakfast we saw all the awards for the restaurant, a pity we never got to dine there...

On the last night we used the pool which was excellent and we had it all to ourselves but the grounds in the changing rooms are very slippy! They opened the restaurant that night due to the terrible service yesterday but we weren't too hungry so we ate in the bar which was good with lovely food.

The day we were leaving we went for a last swim in the pool(to ourselves again) had breakfast and checked out, after we walked around the beautiful grounds which had a golf course, tennis courts and ducks on the lake.

I would recommend this hotel for weddings and golf outings and possibly families’ with babies but the service really let the hotel down...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NuremoreHotel, Manager at Nuremore Hotel and Country Club, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your review and my sincere apologies that you felt let down by the service in the hotel. There should of course been enough towels for everybody, and my apologies for this oversight, but I’m pleased it was rectified. In relation to the dining experience in the Ivy Bar, while it is no excuse, as you note we were extremely busy that night, and therefore service was slower than is standard at the hotel. I will clarify that the restaurant is open Sunday day, closed Sunday night and Monday night with guests dining in the Ivy Bar. The Restaurant was open on the Tuesday night of your stay, however you chose to dine in the Ivy Bar. Thank you for your positive comments on the grounds, leisure club and recommending the hotel. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel one day, please contact me directly so that I may assure you of our best attention. Best regards, Suzanne Gilhooly, Hotel Manager 0429661438
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I met an old friend from Monaghan in this hotel for lunch on his recommendation.

First impressions in the foyer was that this hotel had seen better days. The furniture was visibly shabby and dirty. One of the chairs had chewing gum on it, which appeared to have been there some time. The surface of the piano was filthy. There was loose paper lying on the sofa.

I was not at all impressed by the general lack of cleanliness in the hotel, but did not want to embarass my friend, as he had selected the venue. Based on the first imppressions I would have turned around and walked out of the hotel.

We then proceeded to the lounge bar. A very large dull and uninspiring room which was perfectly matched by the overpriced menu.

I had a chicken curry which appeared to be made from powder, utterly charmless to look at and bland to taste. The presentation of the food was apalling and the taste was equally poor. No garnish with the meal or vegetables in the curry.

The waiter did not even ask us if we wanted drinks with the meal. We had to ask him to come down to take a drinks order. We asked for a jug of water, but this failed to materialise.

This place is a dead man walking and they should really just close the door on the corpse.

Pity as the hotel is set in beautiful surrounds.

2 Thank timfinnegan
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am very disappointed to note that you were unhappy with your experience in the Hotel. I can assure you that we strive to attain the highest level of quality of food, service and housekeeping, and my sincere apologies if the hotel was not up to standard on this occasion. I was also disappointed to read that your comments on the chicken curry. It is homemade with ground spices including turmeric, ginger, star anise and cinnamon; with coconut milk, onions and lime leaves. In response to your final comments, we currently employ over 100 staff, and hope to do so for many years to come. I do hope that you return to the hotel and that we are given the opportunity of showcasing ourselves in a more positive way. In the meantime, best regards, Suzanne Gilhooly, Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickmacross
Shirley Arms Hotel
Carrickdale Hotel
#1 of 8 in Dundalk
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dundalk
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa

Been to Nuremore Hotel and Country Club? Share your experiences!