“great value for money”

Nuremore Hotel and Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Carrickmacross
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just back from 2 night stay with golf from nuremore hotel.i was a bit worried after reading some reviews but i glad i decided to go ahead with my booking. It was great value for money for the deal i had and the main thing for us was the good golf course and a good quiet nights sleep!!.
The staff and friendly and and the food very nice.
Also made use of the snooker room and the leisure club...very good.
The hotel is similar to others in the surrounding area decor wise which is in keeping with the rural setting.
would certainly go back

AF Co Antrim

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
NuremoreHotel, Manager at Nuremore Hotel and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Thank you for your much-valued custom and also for the lovely review you posted about The Nuremore Hotel on Tripadvisor.
It is truly a pleasure to read that during your recent stay you had a thoroughly enjoyable time and that you thought it was good value for money. Everyone on the team takes great pride in your commendation of our hotel.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to hotel in the not too distant future.
Thank you once again for your custom and your kind feedback.
Best regards, The team at Nuremore

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Lovely entrance to the hotel (loved - go slow: ducks crossing!!!)
Very comfortable bed - spacious room, very good Wifi.
Good sized TV - very poor reception on the channels unfortunately.
Excellent restaurant - waiter (Romain) very pleasant and really looked after me. Wines very expensive though.
Superb breakfast - small amount of food offered but all fresh, tasty and quick service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post the lovely comments about the Nuremore Hotel. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. We offer our guests free wifi with extensive coverage in the hotel, and we are pleased that it is appreciated. All our dedicated team take pride in providing an excellent level of service, however Romain is delighted to be mentioned specifically! We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Best regards, Suzanne & the team at Nuremore

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was here because of a wedding that was going on in the hotel.
The service during the wedding and the food brought to the tables was of very high quality.
However, I entered on the other side of the hotel and therefore I had to go trough a whole lot of halls to reach the party place and what I saw and smelled did not impress me. The carpets seem to be worn and there was a bad smell in the halls with no direct windows around it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Becca_RGC_83
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here 10 years ago and on return found it still to be very friendly - staff extremely attentive. Meal in restaurant was nothing short of fabulous with all sorts of extra little touches and included in midweek deal!! We were in a lovely large dual aspect double room at the top of the building. I would agree with some reviews that decor and carpets are a little in need of updating and refreshing but in the present economic climate this is entirely understandable. Found the deal to be very competitively priced compared with other similar hotels. All in all - well done Nuremore!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Nice hotel room had just had a big make over clean and very fresh and tidy the hotel looks and feels smart all the parts that we saw we did not use the spa/ pool areas the bar meal was on the high side we had 4 meals and six drinks just over 90 euro prices run from 10.50 to 27.50 euro and that's food in the bar ! The golf course is very nice but lacks on dress code with some players that's the only thing that lets the golf club down

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I have just returned from a golf trip at the Nuremore hotel. The staff are decent enough but the hotel is in serious need of cash injection which shows no signs of coming in this economic environment. The golf course is in overall in decent condition - the front nine is average enough but the back nine is better. It's possible that the weather has delayed the necessary work to bring it up to par (no pun intended) for the season. However, the hotel rooms are appalling and need a complete overhaul - worn carpets, cold and the bedsheets were damp. Absolutely no value to be had here. There are too many better places to stay in Ireland so don't waste your money. The manager (PJ Doran) was distrustful of my complaints and had no idea how to deal with the situation. He must be an owner / occupier and not in the business very long.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank traveljunky40
NuremoreHotel, Owner at Nuremore Hotel and Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear traveljunky40. Thank you for your review. I am disappointed that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We take our customer feedback very seriously, and I apologize if you felt that your complaint was not dealt with properly. I believe that the matter is resolved but should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Kind regards, Julie Gilhooly, Managing Director at Nuremore Hotel 042 9661438

Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I are just back from a 3 night stay at the Nuremore Hotel, having last stayed about 5 years ago.
We saw a few changes mainly in the layout of the bar area but the general quality and quantity of food, the service and comfort of the bedrooms were up to the previous excellent standard.
Yes the decor and carpets in some areas were a little tired but hey! we're in a recession, I wasn't looking for 'brand new' but I was expecting excellent service and food, which the Nuremore more than delivered. I can see how small minded picky people could take pleasure in damaging the reputation of a long standing business and I find that very sad. My attitude is, if you have a problem then speak to the management, who in this hotel would undoubtedly go out of their way to fix it. There's little point in going home unsatisfied and complaining on Tripadvisor!
I can assure you I saw no cockroaches and again if I did I would inform the Management immediately!
My husband enjoyed a game of golf and commented that the greens could be better but again given the inclement weather and torrential rain in recent days, that was to be expected.
We had a great time, we ate well and slept well and basically that's what we wanted out of the break. Booking our next trip already!

Room Tip: We were in room 207 on the 2nd floor at the back of the hotel overlooking the golf course, which was...