This is a place I have been driving past for years and whilst attending the hustle and bustle of the Carrickmacross festival, decided to wander in for a bite to eat with some friends! Well we were simply blown away by the overall experience!
- The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more efficient.
- The food was out of this world and plenty of it. The is no compromise on quality for value!
- The ambience was delightful.
- The interior was trendy and simply stunning.
Overall, just a fabulous gastro experience!
Plus, but perhaps most importantly, the lovely friendly barman Brendan! He is the type of barman that Irish pubs were once famous for, knowledgeable, charismatic, witty and with a great smile, but alas, now unfortunately, are a rarity! If we could clone him, we'd make a fortune again and rise out of the ashes once more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Shirley Arms Hotel is just an hour's drive from Dublin and Belfast, centrally located in the busy market town of Carrickmacross famous for its lace and where Patrick Kavanagh penned his famous poetry. If you are touring or on business, fancy a game of golf or just seeking a place to relax, the 4* Shirley Arms Hotel provides the perfect haven for lesiure or business traveller. The Shirley Arms offers something for everyone throughout the day and evening. From early morning we serve freshly brewed coffee, baked scones, pastries and traditional Full Irish Breakfast. Roast Carvery is served daily. In the afternoons the popular Shirley Grill Menu offers a wide and varied menu in luxurious surroundings, it is the perfect place to relax, wind down, meet friends and soak in the atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Shirley Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.