“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Poets Rest

The Poets Rest
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Slane
Cuisines: American, Irish, European, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2011, The New Poet's Rest fuses classic and modern cuisine in a casual and contemporary setting. Newly refurbished in 2014 with revamped menus with all time favourites and new additions of our own invention, we have something for everyone. Whether it's a quiet night out for two, or a bigger occasion, we cater to all. Dietary requirements can be met also. Bookings or walk ins.
Province of Leinster, Ireland
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Our second visit here which we thoroughly enjoyed, made all the better by the very friendly and attentive waitresses.
On our first visit, although we enjoyed the food, the "steak-on-a-stone" experience was not for us. We mentioned this to the manager and he told us to ask for our steaks cooked by the chef on our next visit.
We took him at his word and savoured a fillet and sirloin surf'n'turf, although served slightly on the cool side of warm they were delicious and melt-in-the-mouth!
We also noticed that kids eat free from the childrens menu while accompanied by an adult eating from the €19.99 3 course menu which is a really good incentive for families.
Nice atmosphere, good menu selection, friendly staff, keep up the good work!!

• Visited September 2012
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Barbican-10! Thank You for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.
On behalf of Poets Rest Team, thank you for your kind comments. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Yours sincerely, Sanita

Kells, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Saturday evening in The Poet's Rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Recently a deal came up on one of the promotional websites, and since Slane is very close to me we decided to go and give The Poet's Rest a try.

I was one of the most enjoyable experiences of eating out I've had in a long long time. The two waitress staff were amazing. The house red was enjoyable.
The food was really fresh. The steaks on the stone were fab. There was so much choice on the desert menu..heaven.
Great chocolates with the coffee. If I had to fault anything it would have been the chips that came with the steak but I’m just been pedantic.
Keep up the great work. I will be back with my inlaws..Don’t let me down!

1 Thank Vadca
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Vadca!A wonderful review! I thank you for your time in posting it on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal and service and I do apologize about chips! We are dealing with this matter at present.We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you for your kind words of support!
Kind Regards, Sanita
Edinboro, Pennsylvania
“A real gem in Slane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

While overnight in the area to visit New Grange we decided to go into Slane for dinner  and thankfully stopped at the Poets Rest. The outside and inside of this place, both beautiful.

I had the creamy seafood pasta bake loaded with calimari, prawns, and a variety of fish. My wife after two weeks without beef opted for the 8oz sirloin which was more like 12, served partialy cooked on a piping hot lava stone for her to finish cooking as she pleased. Both meals were outstanding and a good value. Not to forget, our server who was very friendly and efficient and the lemon cheese cake for desert was yummy.

• Visited September 2012
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Chris H! We at Poets Rest are so thankful for Your review, and we are so happy that You and Your wife enjoyed food and atmosphere in our restaurant! We had such a pleasure to have You in our restaurant!:) We are looking forward to welcome You back again! Wishing You all the best!
Yours Sincerely, Sanita
“Passing by had lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were passing by and decided to eat here, partially to do with the ample parking.
We were early and initially were the table for lunch, we were shortly joined by 4 other tables.
We had the thai green curry and goats cheese salad for lunch. The curry was spicy and plenty of chicken, goats cheese was tasty, both good portion sizes.
Service was good

• Visited September 2012
Dear bandrews212!All staff at Poets Restaurant would like to thank You for Your time to write a review! We are so delighted that You enjoyed our food!:) Was great to have You in our restaurant! We hope to see You again in the near future! You are very welcome to visit us again!:) The best wishes!
Yours Sincerely, Sanita
Navan, Meath, Ireland
“Good food for reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Have visited The Poets Rest 3 times and must say that the atmosphere of the place is really warm and its great to go back there. For my diner I had chicken cesar salad and deep fried cod with salad and must say did liked as the fish was fresh and tasty, in my opinion chicken cesar salad should be served with more sauce but there was no problem to get some on the side when asked waiting staff. The other day came with few friends and kids and I had burger which was so delicious and perfectly cooked, kids were playing outside in the garden. Staff was friendly and very polite but still need to improve, hope they will get there. Will go back soon.

• Visited August 2012