“Great B&B - highly recommended”
Review of Castleview House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slane
Castleview House
Ranked #4 of 7 Slane B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We have just attended a wedding reception in Tankardstown House and I was lucky to book a room in Castleview . Marie and Gerry were so friendly, welcoming and helpful to us. Our room was spotless, with a very comfortable large bed, no road noise - completely quiet. The ensuite was also spotless and new. Delicious food. We travelled over from the UK and it was my husband's first time in this part of Ireland - we would definitely stay here again when we visit slane again. Very good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EMWDorset_UK

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were staying in Slane for a Wedding in the Millhouse and were having trouble finding accommodation in the area and this place came up Mid July as having recently been reopened as a B&B. I dont usually review places, though I do read them, but when I was having trouble finding accomm near the Millhouse and upon hearing other guests complaining about there I thought I'd review this one to help out other future wedding guests at the Millhouse and visitors to Slane! I would normally opt for a hotel over a B&B as I'm usually sceptical of coming and going in other peoples houses but Marie and Gerry were absolutely lovely and as present or not as you'd want them to be! The hosts were lovely, as it was a little bit of a walk out the town to the Millhouse (Not too far, but if you're wearing heals the hill could be an issue!) we were offered a lift to the Wedding from the B&B, we said we'd like to drive to have access to a few things we'd like to leave in the car and they were more than happy to drop us down to collect the car the next day! You don't get that at a hotel!! The B&B is very close to the town, and we had lunch in 'The Bistro' which I would recommend, friendly service and delicious food at a decent price!
The breakfast in the B&B was amazing. Cereal and fruit was on display and there was a full fry to order with toast etc. Gerry and Marie were a wealth of general knowledge about the area which I would love to return to see properly as the wedding took up most of our time in Slane.
The room itself was fantastic. Had everything you'd need, kettle facilities, water, and a fabulous en-suite, which looked so new and modern it might well have been put in yesterday! We stayed in room 4, so I'd recommend that one if not the others!!
The shower was amazing too and the bed was so comfortable. Following our stay here we spent 2 nights in a 4 star hotel in Wicklow for our anniversary and was disappointed! I would have rather have stayed in the Castleview!!
Thank you Marie and Gerry. We really enjoyed our stay and will be sure to be back soon, for a tour of Slane or as a base for one of those many Slane Castle concerts!! Fiona and Brian - We will be back!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FKDUB
castleviewslane, Owner at Castleview House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you so much Fiona And Brian. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us we have worked hard to ensure the rooms are clean and comfortable .We are glad that our information on the area has inspired you to return to Slane .We are very proud of our village and surrounds and all it has to offer, we will be more than happy to welcome you to Castleview again.
Best Regards Marie & Gerry

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I loved the B&B! Conveniently a few meters away from places to eat, drink and in the heart of the lovely picturesque village of Slane. Marie and Gerry were lovely hosts and made us feel at home almost immediately. I liked the decor and so did my partner. The breakfast room was nice and quiet and a great place to prep for your day out to see all the lovely sites in the area. Marie even introduced us to a friend of hers in the pub (Doyles, a must-see for quality music and drinks!) that guides the tours of the castle and we even managed to get a free tour. (it was a once off so do not have expectations ;-) ) My aim was to finally see the village of Slane as i have been twice for concerts and the whole village was closed off. I absolutely loved it there! I will make sure to book well in advance if i am going to a concert again! But i will be going back there for more site-seeing and i will 100% guarantee that it will be when there is a room for me to stay at the lovely Castleview B&B! Thanks for the lovely stay Marie & Gerry! :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words,they are really appreciated.I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us,and we hope to see you both back in Slane soon you are very welcome.
Kind Regards Gerry and Marie.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

Marie was a very sweet and helpful host. Unfortunately, the other reviews and her description led to disappointment upon arrival. Compared to other B&Bs after two weeks in Ireland, this one was much less comfortable. The rooms were dated (ie casino carpeting, aged bedding & decor) and there was no common area. The location was a short walk to town, but the town really had no where to eat - (It was recommended that we drive to the next town) - and little to offer. It's a fine place to stay if you just need a bed and want to stay near NewGrange. Otherwise, skip it. (p.s. never saw the castle?)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cryysta1
castleviewslane, Owner at Castleview House, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

I have taken your comments on board but I was not running as a B&B at the time I was only offering a room rental.This was made clear to you at the time of booking and was reflected in the price you were charged.I regret that you did not make me aware of your concerns on arrival as I would have organised alternative accommodation for you.Recently the house has been refurbished and is now back operating as a B&B.
I'm sorry that there was nowhere in the village for you to get something to eat on the Sunday evening you arrived as due to the recession some of the restaurants had closed, however they have since reopened and there are some very fine eateries and great pubs in Slane. Slane is a lovely village steeped in history and full of character loved and enjoyed by many visitors.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I like recommend Castleview House to anyone touring in Slane area. We found thisB&B quite by accident , but what a wonderful find. The home cozy, clean and comfortable. The hosts Marie & Gerry make you feel very welcomed. They offered very helpful advise on touring as to when and how to see the most maps of routes and even phoned a got us our tickets for Newgrange to make sure we'd be admited. They provide a full breakfast that very tasty. The location is so handy to so many sites in Meath :Hill of Tara, Hill of Slane, Mellifort Abbey, Monasterboice, Trim Castle, Kells, Newgrange, Butterstream Gardens. This was my frist visit to Castleview House , but I certainly hope to return. Thanks Marie& Gerry for all the pleasant memories.
joyce ma usa

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank joyceMaUsa
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Marie was a wonderful hostess. The beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. The Castleview B & B was only a couple minutes walk from a great restraunt, and 2 nice pubs. The Hill of Slane is about a 15 minute walk, with beautiful scenery but the walk up is pretty steep, so I wouldn't recommend walking unless you are in decent shape. You can drive up there too though. The Bru Na Boinne Visitor Centre where the Newgrange & Knowth tombs are, is only about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KandiKC
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Marie who runs this B&B is absolutely delightful and friendly. She helps with anything you might need and wont pester you when you want to be alone. The room was a decent size and the en suite bathroom was clean. The room we stayed in was in the back of the house which I recommend so that you dont hear the noise of the main road.

This B&B is located in a good location for visiting the Ruins of the Abbey in Slane, New Grange, Hill of Tara, Kells and Loughcrew. The Slane Castle is also an interesting place to visit. Two great places to eat in the area are the Old Post Office B&B right in town of slane and the Zucchini Restaurant that is only in a town 10min westard.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slane
Newgrange Hotel
#6 of 7 in Slane
Rossnaree
Rossnaree
#2 of 7 in Slane

Been to Castleview House? Share your experiences!