“Disappointed”

Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Not just disappointed with food but also with the set up.Found food to be stale,Salads lacked life,Lettuce was about to die,Steak was very dried out even cooked medium.Menu seemed dull.Service staff was busy exchanging their night out experiences. I wonder how these restaurants are still busy.I think cheap eat& dont expect any service.Waste of money

1  Thank sherry m

Reviewed November 3, 2012

First time to visit the loft and had heard good things But was disappointed. To start with restaurant was too dark so it was hard to see the menus and eventually the food. There was a smell of burning and a smokiness in the air which wasn't very pleasant.
For starters I had potato skins and they were terrible, not at all fresh and slightly burnt. I also ordered a tapas dish but, for me, it was a huge portion, not what I expected Tapas to be. It was supposed to be chilli beef quesadilla but was really just two wraps with chilli con carne between, so as a recipe, it didn't gel for me.
Overall the service was very good and the staff were very friendly and attentive, I think they just need to sort out some kitchen probs...

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have eaten in the loft for many years now and can honestly say that this is a great restaurant. I know many of the people that work there and as such am somewhat biased, that said credit where credit is due. Paddy and the gang are excellent, the atmosphere they create is great and the consistency they maintain would recommend the loft to anyone looking for a great night out. There are a few good restaurants in Navan, Zucchini's, the Russell and the China Garden for example but none that can rival the welcome you get in the loft.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank Damien G
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went here a part of a hen group a few weeks ago. We were seated upstairs. Have to say all the staff were lovely. We had a set menu. As others have said, good choice of starters but more choice of mains would be better. Food well presented. Warning to all. If using the toilet or going to the smoking area downstairs be aware of the step just as you go through the door from the downstairs restaurant area. Its just as you step through the door. I'm still bruised from wacking my foot off it!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've loved this restaurant for years. The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the service is great. Its a great place for a group to have a meal for an occasion like a birthday. Went for my birthday this yearand had a great meal.

5  Thank Anne B