1,128 results
All reviews eden restaurant drawing room hot tub relaxation room east wing spa treatments steam room seaweed bath afternoon tea copper bath outdoor hottub eggs benedict tea cakes next morning the general manager lovely grounds wings
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

I never ever write reviews in my life but this is something else and I feel like other people should know about this, so it was my birthday yesterday and me and my fiancé decided to book a room in the Bellinter house as my mother in law stayed there a week ago and she said the rooms and the place was lovely so we decided to give it a go, we got to the hotel at around 8:40pm as we where travelling all day and we went up to the reception and the receptionist was lovely and we managed to put in a room service order as the kitchen was about to close so we where happy enough with that. Once we got to the room it seemed alright nothing too special but it was warm and cosy after food me and my fiancé decided to go for a walk around the area as it really was lovely outside and then as soon as we got back in my fiancé went over to the windows to put the blinds down when he notices two back dots on one of the blinds, he picked up a tissue and it turns out it was two big bugs just crawling about and then more and more insects started appearing even in the bathroom sink so I rang reception as I was terrified and receptionist said she’ll change the room for us which was perfect and then again once we got to our second room, the room was quite dark so you couldn’t see much so I decided to use my flashlight on my phone and all you can see is spider webs and dust EVERYWHERE and even hair on the bed and I haven’t even sat on the bed and there was a spider just crawling on the ceiling, I had enough because I was really upset at this stage and I went to the reception and told them that I want to go home and that I will not stay here then the manager came to the reception to help and he tried to get us a room in the main house as we where staying in the Bathhouse Ruins so I thought I’ll be third time lucky and went with my fiancé to see the room and at this stage I was so terrified I didn’t want to go “investigate” for more bugs or insects so I got my fiancé to check the room and as soon as he walked into the bathroom there was a huge spider beside the toilet and I just turned around and said I am going home so I told the manager I will pay for the food that we had which is only fair and then he tried to charge us for the first room that we where meant to be staying at and I said I definitely won’t pay for the room because I didn’t even sleep there and he said “that’s okay” and I’m the middle of the night me and my fiancé had to go back home absolutely terrified. This was something out of a horror movie I’ve never seen anything like this in any hotel I’ve ever stayed at the cleaners should really do a better job because it was disgusting

Date of stay: June 2019
5  Thank Milana1355
LiamCorr1, General Manager at Bellinter House, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear Milana1355

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am disappointed to read about your experience. Our property strives to deliver a service which is desired by each and every one of our guests. We have obviously let you down on this occasion.

I would like to discuss your feedback at a time that is convenient to you, I have listed my contact details below.

Liam Corr
lcorr@bellinterhouse.com

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I spent a wonderful birthday get away in this gorgeous country house. It's totally different to your normal hotel. In fact its like staying in a stately mansion. The drive up to it is spectacular. Acres of manicured lawns and lush greenery. We stayed in the East Wing. The room is basic enough but quirky. We headed straight for the outdoor hot tub. The hot tub is set under the trees and looking out on green fields. All you hear is bird song as you lie back and relax. What a divine way to chill out. We had a few drinks in the bar after dinner. I really must compliment Bellinter on their choice of bar staff. We got chatting to Ronan Kingston. What a professional and competent young guy. He is excellent with customers. Chatty and friendly and totally efficient. He has a natural knack for the trade and will go far with his innate customer service skills. He really made our evening. After a great sleep in an extremely comfortable bed we had a gorgeous breakfast next morning. Served by another attentive girl. The staff in this hotel really make it. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. If you want a chill out break this is the spot for you.

Dear Guest

Thank you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us here at Bellinter house and for the 5 Stars!!

It gives me great pleasure to read your comments on our property. I am delighted that you had the pleasure to enjoy our out door hot tub, this really is a a divine way to chill out at Bellinter.

Ronan is certainly one of our exceptional outstanding employee's, always going that little bit extra for our guests and having a nice chat along the way.

Thank you so much for your excellent review and high recommendation, I hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bellinter sometime very soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2019

It was a pleasure to stay the evening at Bellinter House during a recent business trip to Dublin. Wanting to explore the countryside outside of Dublin lead me to Bellinter House. Prior to my arrival, Shiyra was helpful with my reservation and arranging for a late afternoon treatment at the Bathhouse Spa. The drive from Dublin was an easily manageable 50 minutes (traffic slowed things down a bit). Weaving my way off the highway lead me to Bellinter’s front gate and entrance. Upon turning onto the drive, the next two or so minutes of picturesque driving brought me to the front of the beautiful main house. Staff at the front desk was quite pleasant and took time to describe all the amenities that the property had to offer. Shiyra, who happened to be walking through the reception area, introduced herself, and then showed me to my room.

The “Chapel” room was spacious, very clean and everything was in order. Next stop was the spa for a massage. Gillian and her team performed their magic, and I left the table in a better state of mind. Feeling refreshed and energized I decided to explore the surrounding area. I found the nearby St. Columban Missionaries grounds a comfortable trek. This “workout” convinced me that I deserved a big dinner. Traveling solo for this trip, I paid a visit to the bar and had an enjoyable conversation with Derek who educated me on the finer points of Irish whiskey. An event was taking place in the dining room so I decided to eat dinner at one of the high-top tables in the bar area. Liam, the GM, stopped by to say hello and gave the recommendation to try the scallops appetizer and lamb chops for my entrée. These are two of my favorite food items so there was little arm twisting needed. Both dishes were delicious with the lamp chops taking a spot in my personal top 5 lamb chop list (one spot is taken by a Sushi house in Honolulu who must have a Greek grandmother in the kitchen). A glass of Malbec rounded out the meal.

An early breakfast the next morning was another treat. There were plenty of made to order breakfast entrees along with a continental buffet. The star of the breakfast show was the scrambled eggs and salmon. Once again, a delicious meal. Sadly, I needed to leave after breakfast for my flight back to the States. Overall, I am very pleased with my visit. The staff is very service oriented yet relaxed enough to engage in conversation. The property is beautiful and well maintained. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. The Bathhouse Spa treatment was relaxing and the food made for a wonderful evening. I look forward to my next Bellinter House visit with my wife and being their guest for a few evenings.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear schaffnva

It gives me great pleasure to read your comments on our food and staff member's Shiyra and Gillian. I am delighted that my recommendations of the Lamb hit your personal top 5 list!! and that Dereck's passion for Irish whiskey was an enjoyable conversation.

Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic manor house. Beautiful high ceilings and polished wood floors. Beds huge and really comfortable. Lovely mood lighting in the bedroom with quirky lamps. The staff were amazing especially Richard who was exceptional. Ronan was another amazing staff member, I am sorry I did not get the other young men's names. To be honest all the staff were great. The food was fantastic. Try the pear dessert. Wine selection decent. The only negative was housekeeping need to up their game a little bit. The amount of old cobwebs in the bar and rooms was unreal. A feather duster on a pole would sort that. The toilet seat lid in our bathroom was broken and quite a bit of dust on the mirrored bedside tables. I realize that it's an old house and probably creates a lot of dust other than that it was clean. Grounds are lovely but a marked walk would be nice or arrows where you could walk. We did not use the spa but had a look in and it looked lovely. There is also an outdoor hot tub which looked lovely but again we did not use. To sum up fabulous house and staff. Nothing too much trouble. Totally recommend. Thank you for making our anniversary stay very enjoyable.

Dear Maura

It gives me great pleasure to read your comments on our award winning food. Richard & Ronan certainly are both two fantastic employees and I will be sure to pass your wonderful feedback to them personally.

Thank you for the note on your toilet seat and housekeeping, this has since been addressed.

Hope you had a safe trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bellinter sometime very soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

My wife and i went here for a two night break. I will keep this simple. The manager was unbelievably rude obnoxious and basically asked us to leave. After i got a sandwich and returned it because i didn't like the way it smelled i was treated like dirt. This included the manager calling my room and with a cheeky tone in his voice saying "if you feel that way about your sandwich i don't feel this hotel can live up to your standard". This left me shocked so much so i took our business to another hotel in trim. All that being said the staff in the spa and the spa itself was brilliant. By the way all my emails complaining about this where completely ignored.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Griffin123456789
LiamCorr1, General Manager at Bellinter House, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Guest

I am really shocked to read your poor review of Bellinter House. I have checked with all my managers and we cannot recall this incident nor have we received any emails relating to this incident.

Our staff and management always go over and beyond to accommodate all guests needs and deal with complaints in a professional manner at all times.

Only in extreme circumstances would we ever request a guest to leave the premises.

Can you please provide me with your date of stay with us so I may investigate this further as we do not have any record of your complaint.

Please feel free to contact me on 046 9030900 or lcorr@bellinterhouse.com