Bellinter House
$167
$100
$84
Agoda.com
Hamlet Court Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$91
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$145
$140
Travelocity
$134
$131
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseden restaurantdrawing roomhot tubrelaxation roomeast wingspa treatmentssteam roomseaweed bathcopper bathafternoon teaeggs benedicttea cakesrelaxing weekendteacakesmain buildingvoya productsnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a treat for ourselves after a busy few months and it was well needed. Thankfully the weather was (for once) unbelievable and this made it all the nicer. Sitting out the back of Bellinter House - we could have been anywhere in the world - fab. The house itself is gorgeous and we stayed in one of the main bedrooms which was fab. Only slight problem was bad piano playing from the games room at midnight on Sat night - in fairness though it didn't last long. Service was generally quite good but my biggest problem of the weekend was the standard of food. I had heard so much about the food - I had high expectations, the food in my opinion was below average, apart from Breakfast which was average. Otherwise the spa was relaxing and I did enjoy my treatments. A bit on the pricey side overall considering everything across the weekend. But I would recommend, but perhaps one night would be enough mainly because if the food.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan O
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Bellinter House is our 'go to' place whenever we get a chance to have a night or two away from home. It is so relaxing and we always feel that our batteries have been completely recharged by the time we leave. Our most recent stay was for our anniversary and Bellinter house upgraded us to a lovely room in the bathhouse above the spa, and left a bowl of fruit and a lovely card - so nice of them and much appreciated. The room was so spacious and looked out over the wooded area of the grounds. The bathroom was huge with a powerful shower and a cute half bath. We dined in Eden restaurant that night and the food was great. Afterwards we relaxed in the lounge.

Breakfast the next morning was superb - blew the diet and tucked into a delicious bowl of porridge made with fresh cream and topped with brown sugar, so decadent but so yummy! Then I had eggs benedict and dh enjoyed the Full Irish. Had we any room left we could have had some lovely homemade pastries too but we couldn't fit in another morsel.

The hotel was hosting a wedding the day we were checking out and there was a fabulous buzz around amongst the wedding guests. Bellinter would make a wonderful venue for a wedding....or a renewal of vows, now there's an idea!

Go enjoy and go home refreshed and relaxed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just a note to say what a wonderful weekend we have just had, my niece choose Bellinteer for her wedding so we booked in for the weekend to help her celebrate, On arrival it was quaint and a touch outdated from the front, but walking through those doors and the experience began, the food was delicious the staff were amazing, the whole weekend was fantastic. If I had a downside it would be the room, it was quiet small and confined so staying there for 3nights I would have preferred a bit more space, the rooms in the main house are huge and keep with the theme of the old world charm, I would love to go back and have one of those.
I look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Our room was on the west wing so it was a little smaller than some of the others and was a newer style so if you want to keep with the theme of the house try requesting a robin the main house.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Me and my Fiancée stayed in Bellinter last weekend and it was the most relaxing ans enjoyable break away ever. The Hotel itself it is Majestic and the grounds are gorgeous. We have been allocated in The Stables which has been converted into duplex apartments witch original fixtures and beams and it was very special. The staff was exceptional !!! Especially Lisa in the restaurant who couldn't do enough to accommodate us and Late Barman who was very helpful :) Food was fantastic and they have even exceeded our expectations and prepared Vegan Menu as we are Vegans which was so thoughtful. Recommend it to anyone who is in need of relaxing & romantic break away :D

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lovely stay in Bellinter House in one of the rooms in the stable area, the room itself was gorgeous very old fashioned but spotless and full of character. The staff were really friendly and helped us organise a night out in the nearby town. The main house is a lovely place to unwind with the Sunday newspapers and afternoon tea. The drive from Dublin was less than an hour- a great option for a mid-week break.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple