Killyon Guest House
$129
$125
$73
$70
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$269
$149
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsamazing breakfastbreakfast tablehot dishfrench press coffeeon arrivalfull irishlovely couplegreat hostsold styleyogurtantiquesmichaelhouseirelandbasementnewgrangetara
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Killyon House was a beautiful place to stay. It is full of antiques, surrounded by lovely gardens, and is conveniently located on a bus line for those without a car. Michael and Sheila are gracious hosts, the view from our room of the river was stunning, and the breakfasts the best I have encountered at a B & B. An excellent and enjoyable experience!.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We spent three nights at Killyon as a central location while sightseeing in the area. Sheila and Mike were extremely warm and welcoming hosts. The house was beautiful. It was furnished with antiques, but was very comfortable. The breakfast table was beautiful and breakfast was delicious. We really enjoyed the flowers in the yard and on the deck. It was the loveliest and most relaxing B&B or guesthouse we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2009

As I was doing a 40 mile walk over two days along the railway I needed a comfortable B&B that served a decent breakfast. At Killyon I got that and more! On arrival Michael asked me if I wanted coffee and then allowed me to watch the Ireland Wales rugby game in the living room on the plasma tv. I remembered from a previous visit that breakfast was special but I was still stunned by the quality of it. I have stayed in countless B&B's over the years but the Killyon breakfast is second to none. It's not often you get 4 different types of homemade (on the premises) bread, genuine freshly squeezed orange juice, a large choice of cheeses, several bowls of fresh fruit and plenty more. A nice touch is having lots of flowers on the table and lighting the candles. I must say my walk got off to a late start that morning as I spent about an hour and a half over breakfast! Then Michael gave me two foil cartons to take away bread, fruit and cheese for my journey. Without a doubt a top class establishment.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We are a Spanish family from Zaragoza, we have been there for two nights, and everything was great, but Michael and Sheila were the best. They are so friendly and they love children, their breakfast is one of the most wonderful things they offer, you can choose everything you can imagine. My three children loved it and of course we too. Our room was really nice we could see the river from our window and the bed was really confortable, the children´s rooms were really nice too.
I can not say anything bad about that house, just because was great, they made us feel as we were at our home, we talked with them a lot, they are really nice people. they like working in that and you can feel it when you first see them.
I recomend this B&B to everyone, families with children, young people, old people, turist ....EVERYONE.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I booked a single room in this guest house approx 3 weeks in advance. Following a 3 hour journey I arrived to be told that my room was given to another person with the same surname as me, despite the fact it was my credit card details used against the booking. Instead of an apology or an attempt to sort the situation out the landlady commented “What would you like me to do, check the passport of everyone that comes into this house?”

Just simply checking the first name of the guest would be a start. Clearly it was not her problem where I slept that night. Only for I asked for her to perhaps find me a room in an alternative guest house did she attempt to help me out.

From the comments on this site, these people seem to run a nice B&B. But when the going gets tough, their total disregard for their customers shines through.

Stayed: August 2008