“Class!”

and 1 more site!
Killyon Guest House
Ranked #14 of 19 Navan B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2009

As I was doing a 40 mile walk over two days along the railway I needed a comfortable B&B that served a decent breakfast. At Killyon I got that and more! On arrival Michael asked me if I wanted coffee and then allowed me to watch the Ireland Wales rugby game in the living room on the plasma tv. I remembered from a previous visit that breakfast was special but I was still stunned by the quality of it. I have stayed in countless B&B's over the years but the Killyon breakfast is second to none. It's not often you get 4 different types of homemade (on the premises) bread, genuine freshly squeezed orange juice, a large choice of cheeses, several bowls of fresh fruit and plenty more. A nice touch is having lots of flowers on the table and lighting the candles. I must say my walk got off to a late start that morning as I spent about an hour and a half over breakfast! Then Michael gave me two foil cartons to take away bread, fruit and cheese for my journey. Without a doubt a top class establishment.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed August 28, 2008

We are a Spanish family from Zaragoza, we have been there for two nights, and everything was great, but Michael and Sheila were the best. They are so friendly and they love children, their breakfast is one of the most wonderful things they offer, you can choose everything you can imagine. My three children loved it and of course we too. Our room was really nice we could see the river from our window and the bed was really confortable, the children´s rooms were really nice too.
I can not say anything bad about that house, just because was great, they made us feel as we were at our home, we talked with them a lot, they are really nice people. they like working in that and you can feel it when you first see them.
I recomend this B&B to everyone, families with children, young people, old people, turist ....EVERYONE.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I booked a single room in this guest house approx 3 weeks in advance. Following a 3 hour journey I arrived to be told that my room was given to another person with the same surname as me, despite the fact it was my credit card details used against the booking. Instead of an apology or an attempt to sort the situation out the landlady commented “What would you like me to do, check the passport of everyone that comes into this house?”

Just simply checking the first name of the guest would be a start. Clearly it was not her problem where I slept that night. Only for I asked for her to perhaps find me a room in an alternative guest house did she attempt to help me out.

From the comments on this site, these people seem to run a nice B&B. But when the going gets tough, their total disregard for their customers shines through.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We have just returned from a trip to Ireland where we spent 2 weeks in B & Bs and/or guesthouses. Killyon was our favourite! Michael is a warm and welcoming host, and the house is superb - filled with lovely antiques, surrounded by beautiful flowers, great setting, close to town centre...all in all, a terrific experience. We wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2008

We spent one night at the Killyon Guest House last month. The location is good for your last day if you are heading out to the airport the following morning. The owners were very nice and couldn't be more helpful. My only complaint is that we had two rooms downstairs. Both rooms were so full of old-style furniture that we had almost no where to put our luggage. Also, the rooms were on the dark side and smelled very damp. Our clothes were even a little damp in the morning from being downstairs. I looked at the upstairs rooms and they were much, much more airy and pleasing. I would suggest that if you stay there, you ask for a room on the second floor. There was only one other couple there when we were staying so I'm not sure why the owner wouldn't have given us what I thought was the nicer rooms just so we would rave about the place when we got home. The breakfast though was the best that we had in Ireland. So much to pick from and some dishes that were quite unique.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We stayed here for 5 nights as we were in Navan for work. It is a good 20 minute walk from this B&B to the centre of town. It is well-
maintained and a lot of pride seems to have been invested in the place. It has won several awards. Personally I found the decor a bit busy and old-fashioned, but this is a matter of taste - others may love it. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is definitely above average, with freshly brewed coffee ready to wash down home-made cakes and loaves, and a choice of hot breakfasts including feta cheese omelettes, french toast, eggs any way you like them, and so on. The room was comfortable though a little crowded with chairs and furniture (on this issue, less is sometimes more). The free wireless broadband came in handy too. All in all, a positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We were attending a wedding in Navan and decided to book a B&B to save us driving back home to Balbriggan. I found The Killyon Guesthouse quite easily on the net and liked what I saw so booked a double room.
This beautiful house is even more impressive than the pictures portray, we were greeted very warmly by Michael, who showed us to our room which was very nice and cosy. We had a lovely nights sleep and have to say the bed was very comfortable!
Breakfast next morning was absolutely delicious and had everything imaginable....a real feast!
When we were leaving, we had car trouble, Sheila brought me in for a cup of tea when Michael helped my husband jump start the car....very helpful and very very kind!
All in all, if you want a B&B that has it all, from fabulous food, cosy rooms, perfect hosts and a view to top it all off...then the Killyon Guesthouse is right up your street.
Treat yourself!