“Try and beat the price and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Try and beat the price and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying here for close on six years
I have just done two quick visits and on both occasions there was a warm welcome ,a spotlessly clean room lovely fresh sheets and plenty of fluffy towels
Breakfast is still the best in Ireland with a great selection breads ,fruit,cheeses, cereals and juices as well a good cooked Irish Breakfast finished with a slice of toast and a nice pot of tea but best of all are the Ladies who work the room serving everyone in a great efficient way
I had been away since late October due to surgery but everyone asked after me and the Restaurant had been redecorated lots of white paint making the room light and fresh
The new lady Melissa is a star too
A great bunch of people all doing a great job

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Sherbert852,

Thank you very much for staying at the Newgrange Hotel and taking time out to post your review. We get many compliments on our large and varied breakfast buffet and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the surroundings of our newly decorated Bridge restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again.

Business Development Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in the hotel on Valentines night this year and unfortunately were a little disappointed. The first thing I must say is that the staff were all very helpful and polite, something that I have found whenever I have traveled in Ireland. We were given a room on the first floor at the front of the hotel. On the way up I noticed that the corridor was looking a little tired with peeling wallpaper and a smell of smoke. The room itself was of mid-nineties decor and I would say desperately in need of modernisation. The room also smelt quite strongly of smoke (although, to be fair I did not stipulate that I was a non smoker but neither was I prompted to do so). Although the decor was dated the room was comfortable enough.
We ate in the bar and enjoyed the food very much, in particular the size of the portions. There was a band due to play but due to the early start and amount of traveling we had done that day, we decided that we couldn't hang around for them to start at 11 o'clock and went to bed. When they did start however, we certainly didn't miss any of it. Because our room was positioned directly above the bar, we heard every note! Although this was a little annoying, we did manage to get to sleep at around 1 o'clock. However this was evidently when the fun was just beginning in Navan, as for the next, what felt like an age (but was more like 3 hours). the screaming, shouting, laughing, fighting and shrieking that came from the nearby nightclub and taxi rank ensured that we lay there with our eyes wide open staring at the ceiling. The seals on the double glazed windows had obviously failed as it felt as though all these people were having their party in our en-suite.
Although I very rarely complain about anything and try to get by on the stiff upper lip alone, we felt that we had to say something on check out. There was some shoulder shrugging but the receptionist did say that she would pass on our concerns to the management and that they would be in touch. I have yet to hear from them.
I travel to this part of Ireland quite regularly but would have serious reservations about staying in the New Grange again.

Room Tip: I would advise that you stipulate that you want a no smoking room and definitely to the rear of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John D,

Many thanks for your valued feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay in the Newgrange Hotel. Please could you contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss your review in more detail.

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a family room in this hotel last minute, due to illness of family member, it is close to hospital and all amenities, reasonably priced, food was nice and a good variety for breakfast, very clean car park has a few tight corners so care required when parking, overall good standard and friendly staff

• Stayed March 2014
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you TheExplorerSligo for taking time out to review our hotel. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to the Newgrange Hotel again in the near future.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

My self and my partner recently stayed in The Newgrange Hotel for a 2nd time, we found our experience to be excellent and most relaxing. The staff where very warm & welcoming at the reception and in the restaurant staff where very pleasing and friendly, our room was very comfortable and very clean, there was entrainment to suit all, a live band in the front of the hotel and a guy playing solo at the back in the library,
Our main meal and breakfast was very tasteful and we will highly recommend this hotel to others and look forward to returning some time in the future

A very special " Thank You" to Laura Cox on "Reservations" as she very kindly looked after our booking

Bridgine & Paul

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ginogenie,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments. I will be sure to pass on your message to Laura who is a valued member of our team.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Newgrange Hotel in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here overnight early March. Hotel is centrally located close to bars/restaurants/shops. I could not fault the place, room was comfortable nicely decorated & most importantly spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly & helpful. nice breakfast & had some lunch in the bar which was lovely. excellent value. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014
Thanks Claroclo2013 for staying with us for reviewing the Newgrange Hotel. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

First things first: This hotel provides free parking and it's in a town centre - well done to them! Also, wifi is free, high speed and straight in - no codes or marketing bumph to fill in. Full marks all round so far. When I arrived having booked five rooms and a meeting room, there was no record of any of it. Fortunately they had rooms so there was no need to turn me and my colleagues away but it could have been worse. The staff however are as friendly and helpful as can be and did everything to make us welcome. The bar is comfy, the restaurant is pleasant and the overall ambience is warm and welcoming with some nice seating areas for informal meetings or a bit of private reading or e mailing (for the business fraternity on the move). The rooms are comfortable but the TV is very small and in my case the remote control was not working so it was stuck on Sky News (I couldn't possibly get up to turn it over - good lord no this is 2014!). One final quirky observation: the lift is like a fairground ride with it's sudden jerks and bumps but then that's this hotel all over, a little quirky but very warm and cosy - I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank John M
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear John M, on behalf of the entire team at the Newgrange Hotel, I would like to thank you for taking time out to post this wonderful review. We are very pleased that you had a great stay in our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Cavan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have nothing but praise! I was organising my sisters hen an had originally 20 hens, up until the day before it was down to 16 and there was absolutely no problem with cancellations and rearranging rooms! I dealt with the receptionist Laura and she was so accommodating and friendly!

We arrived to the hotel, and with no hesitation or problems just handed the keys, and to the rooms! (Which were situated perfectly, and I loved the way 410 was up the little steps as we used these for balloons and banners!) the rooms were fabulous, clean and the beds were so comfy!

The meal, I cannot praise the food, service and staff enough! The food was absolutely delicious, I think I might have to start making some white chocolate and toblerone cheesecake!!! It's not too many places where you get plentiful amounts of food! staff were so polite, always checking the wine, always making sure everything was ok. It was amazing! We didn't venture to the night club (3 made an appearance near the end I think!).

And then breakfast was perfect! Just what we needed! A big fry up..but if you were feeling guilty there was cereals also!

I really enjoyed my night, so did everyone, and most importantly the bride!

I want to thank everyone for dealing with the cancelations and making my duty so easy. It was absolutely fantastic, everyone was praising the whole thing, and the value for money was unbelievable! Thank you all so much!

• Stayed March 2014
Thanks Bronagh15 for taking the time to post this review. It was a pleasure to receive such wonderful comments and that your hen weekend was such a great success. Hopefully we will welcome you back to the hotel on another occasion.

Business Development Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,383 reviews

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!