“A very friendly place to stay in Navan, County Meath, Ireland”
Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Newgrange Hotel is situated in the centre of Navan and close to all facilities.It is a very cosy and welcoming hotel and they go out of their way to make you feel welcome! The hotel is neat and clean and well decorated. It offers good value for money.The restaurant has a good choice of wholesome food and the staff are very friendly and treat their customers well. The rooms are spacious, the bed comfortable and the atmosphere of the hotel is relaxed and restful. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Room Tip: The hotel does not suffer from much noise from traffic passing by. Having seen two rooms, they were...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear David K
Many thanks for posting your wonderful comments following your recent stay here in the Newgrange and for your recommendations . I am delighted to hear you found your stay comfortable and the staff friendly. Our friendly staff is our most valuable asset and I am very grateful for your acknowledgement of all their hard work.
I look forward to welcoming you back the Newgrange Hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Newgrange Hotel

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for business reasons. The staff was no friendly. The decor was pretty dated which is not that important for me but the rooms were a little shabby. The restaurant was good and food well cooked and nicely served. The meal was very good value.
However, the worst problem was the plumbing. I could hear everything in someone else's bathroom in my room.
I was in room 511, the room need to be renovated and of course it was not warm.
No WIFI in the rooms but only in common aereas.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear 822emanuelem

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the Newgrange Hotel.
I am surprised to hear that you did not find the staff friendly as we frequently receive very positive comments about our staff as you can see from previous reviews. Also we have internet access in all our rooms but some are cabled broadband as it is in room 511 which we did explain to you during your stay.
I hope you can return to us again in he future and please be sure to request a room with WiFi.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We have had lunch and dinner in the Newgrange, its a very central location in the town and the food is very good and great value, in both the bar and the restaurant. The staff are also very friendly.
The bar in this hotel is very welcoming, its very comfortable and there is great regular live music.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear SibB65

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear your wonderful comments and I will be sure to pass them on to all the staff.
I hope you can return to us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed in new grange hotel for hen party with a group of 40 ladies .staff couldn't be more accommodating and efficient. Dinner was superb and we loved the personal touch on the menu .a very pleasant experience overall.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear tbannon7

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear that your hen party was so enjoyable and I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team. I hope you can come back and visit the Newgrange again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I attend my brothers wedding here in October. I also attended my cousins wedding here a number of years ago so my most recent experience was not a once off. I work in the hotel industry so am possibly a tough critic but once again the Newgrange met and exceeded all expectations. From check-in to departure the staff and facilities excelled. The ballroom was spectacular as was the food and service. There were some quirky additions throughout the service which were a pleasant surprise to the wedding couple. Whilst I did not have any direct contact in relation to the wedding with the Wedding Coordinator I noticed her presence from early morning until the wedding banquet finished. Congratulations to all at Newgrange Hotel who ensured that this was a wonderful and memorable occasion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Siobhan H

Many thanks for posting your recent review following your brother's wedding. I am delighted to hear that everything exceeded your expectations and I have passed your kind comments on to our wedding coordinator. I hope to welcome you back to he Newgrange Hotel again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had our wedding in The Newgrange Hotel, Navan, Co. Meath on the weekend of the 26/10/13 and we cannot recommend it highly enough. We were completely taken by surprise by the fabulous wedding room, service, food and general atmosphere of the hotel throughout the weekend.

Carina (Wedding organiser/master of ceremonies) and all her staff were top class and nothing was over looked or deemed to be too much trouble. We had never attended a wedding there before so we had no idea of what to expect. But we can honestly say that it surpassed our expectations completely and could not recommend it highly enough to anyone wishing to get married in a hotel.

The food was as good as any top class restaurant in Ireland and the bedrooms are all very smart and spacious. The hotel has a real family, warm feel to it and this is carried right through to all the staff there. The band Cest La Vie was so good and entertaining, they have to be seen to be believed. Anyone who is thinking about getting married in this locality should really call in and see it for themselves.

Garrett & Pamela.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Garrett H

Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your recent wedding. We are delighted to hear that your special day was so enjoyable and it was our pleasure to be part of it. We wish you and your new wife every happiness in the future and hope you can come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our wedding here on 12/10/13 and it could not have gone better.
The help that was given to us in the run up by Karine was so appreciated and we have had nothing but good responses from our guests regarding the hotel.
We had many family members coming from abroad and the majority of our guests stayed the night/weekend.
Regarding the rooms/food, nothing was amiss. Food was excellent as always, and the rooms were in great condition.
Thank you again for such a great occasion venue. Looking forward to staying again in the future.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear sheridje
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear that your wedding day was such a success. I will be sure to pass on all your kind comments to the staff. I hope you can come and see us again soon.
Laura Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!