“Great weekend!”
Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just back for a weekend break in Newgrange Hotel - not one thing can be faulted with the hotel or its staff. Hotel staff were very friendly, food was excellent, everywhere clean and tidy and great range of entertainment to cater for all ages. With a group of 20+ people there is usually something that is at fault but no one could find a thing. Definately will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear gail d
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent weekend break in the Newgrange Hotel. I am so happy to hear that the whole group enjoyed their stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Newgrange Hotel

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed in the Newgrange Hotel for 1 nights b&b on bank hol sunday night. We had a few drinks in the lobby & enjoyed the music from the lounge. Our room was great - quiet & very clean. Had a great nights sleep even though we were overlooking the road! Breakfast was lovely - we will certainly book dinner the next time we stay. The staff throughout the hotel were top class. Will def be back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear MeathLilyRose
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your recent stay in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff here and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

myself and my partner stayed in the newgrange hotel in navan town for two nights. its in a great location with everything on your doorstep. hotel is spotless and staff and management couldnt be more helpfull bed was so cosy and breakfast was 10 out of 10. we had dinner on one of the nights and that was 10 out of ten. beautiful hotel which i will be staying in again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank weafer914096
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear weafer914096
Thank you most sincerely for your recent review with wonderful comments, following your recent stay here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to the chef and all the staff. I hope you can return to us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Booked into Hotel for one night's bed and breakfast on a Saturday night. Received a phone call on the Wednesday prior to confirm booking. Inform them that we would be arriving late after our family function and was reassured of a 24 hour check-in service.

That Saturday afternoon I received two phonecalls in relation to our booking and as I returned the call to the number received it turned out to be the Knightsbrook Hotel in Trim instead of the Newgrange Hotel. This led to a answer machine and than a transfer by the operator to the correct hotel.

Because the phone numbers were all connected between the four sister hotels I received two more calls that evening - one letting me know WHERE I WAS STAYING.

I spoke to reception on arrival and requested they check their phone system out because even though the Newgrange Hotel would phone me the number I choose to redial to was the Knightsbrook Hotel in Trim.

Very annoying and worrying in case room given away before we got there.
Great sleep in excellent bed and lovely breakfast. Staff very nice and courteous esp. considering they were so busy. Lively spot for an evening with so much going on. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marmaduke970
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. Customer feedback is very important to us so every review is helpful for us to maintain our high standards. The reason you got a call from the Knightsbrook Hotel was our Central Reservations team for the 4 hotels in the Cusack Hotel Group is based there. We confirm all our reservations to make sure all the details we have are correct to allow an easy check-in for our guests. I am glad to hear you hope to return to us again in the future and that your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I would like to thank the management and staff for making my daughters wedding a very memorable one.From the time she booked the hotel last year until 25th May the day they got married we couldnt have asked for anything better. The wedding room was beautiful the presentation of food 10/10 staff very friendly and rooms were all lovely and clean it was a pleasure to bring friends and family to stay in the hotel. I will deffo be going back to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear 221158
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your daughter's wedding here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted that the day went well and everyone enjoyed the day. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here for a week on business as the Newgrange appeared to be one of the better rated hotels in the area. Found the staff to be friendly throughout the stay, and there was a good selection available for breakfast. The room was well apportioned, although felt in need of an update, for example, the television was old and the furniture was very dated. There is also the issue of the hotel being in close proximity to the local club, which made sleeping difficult until the early hours

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear pm137137
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review following your stay in the Newgrange. Our rooms are currently in the process of being updated with new TVs but as you can understand this will take time. Our rooms are appointed with an old world charm decor so old fashioned furniture can be seen throughout the hotel. You can see from our website that we have recently refurbished all our furniture in the lobby area. As regards the noise, this is very difficult to control as we are a busy town centre hotel. Please be sure to request a quieter room on your return visits. This however cannot be guaranteed due a lot of functions and guests we have, especially over the weekends.
I hope you can return to us again in the future and see the improvements we are continually making.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I set out for the Airport the weather was awful the drive was through torrential rain and very high winds
The plane journey was scary even for me as an experienced flyer
The taxi just missed an accident' not a nice journey
Arrived at the Newgange I can relax now I was always get a good room
This time though not so !! the room was noisy next to the main road and the roar of traffic
I decided if there was not a quiet room for me I was off to some where else
I phoned reception asked if I could have my normal room a quiet room ,one I have used now for many years "no problem " was the response
Still feeling a bit miserable I phoned room service and was greeted by a cheery voice ordered my food which soon arrived all lovely and fresh had a good nights sleep ,down for breakfast and the Restaraunt was full of people on a coach trip but this was not a problem my favourite breakfast ladies gave the big welcoming smile and I was soon served with my toast and pot of tea soon followed by my eggs and bacon
Off to work really cheered up ,the staff has changed over the years but the breakfast ladies have not
They must be the best ambassadors for this hotel because when you leave for home it's the last thing you remember lovely ladies who serve you with a smile
I like the Newgrange again !!!
The foods good too !!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear sherbert852

Thank you for another lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us so we are always happy to help with any requests. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the Restaurant and Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange again soon.

Laura Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
Bellinter House
Bellinter House
#1 of 4 in Navan
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!