Newgrange Hotel
$125
Hotels.com
$73
$70
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
$269
$177
$158
$149
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsresidents barhen partystaff at receptionhotel is lovelyfunction roomfood was lovelynight portertop classwould highly recommend this hotelgood nights sleepsunday nightlast weekendtea coffeenavan townfew drinksstaff were amazingwedding reception
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just glancing through reviews of hotel and came across a recent review saying the carvery was very disappointing . I have to say that 99% of the time I have eaten here the carvery is excellent and I go a couple of times a week. Its also excellent value at €10 for two courses during weekdays. Carvery suits me as I want a quick lunch and don't want to wait for food to be cooked to order.I don't know prices at weekend but they probably go up slightly. On occasion I might get something I don't like but the staff would quickly spot that and ask would I like something else. All in all you cant really go wrong having lunch at this hotel if carvery is acceptable to you. Staff are also very good and you can see they are making a big effort to attract trade.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank maxandmilly
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear maxandmilly

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent review. We truly appreciate your great comments regarding our carvery and staff! We take great pride in the service we provide our guests and I am happy that it shows on all your visits to the Newgrange. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been having lunch everyday in Newgrange Hotel for almost 1 year and my fiancee 3 years. They have a very good price for a very decent meal which is 10 euros for a carvery lunch including coffee or dessert (Mon to Fridays) which is very competitive. And it is not only cheap, food is cooked on the day and is fresh. Only a few restaurants can say that nowadays, most of the time food is prepared in advance or frozen and is reheated in a microwave. The staff is very friendly and does everything they can to make you feel comfortable and looked after. You can also ask for a loyalty card, after 7 meals, the 8th is free. I do not know how many loyalty cards we have used since the beginning both of us, we are quite famous there now ;) And believe me if we have come back it means we were satisfied with the quality and the service standard.
Not stayed in the hotel-part so can not make any comment myself but I know a few people who stayed there and were happy with their experience.
We would recommend the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear sleepingeagle

Thank you most sincerely for posting your wonderful comments. I am so glad to hear that you continue to enjoy your lunch in the Newgrange. As you are aware our loyalty card scheme is very popular and we love to see the familiar faces coming through the door every day. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Better plan to party, because the music from the ground floor penetrated floor 1 and 2 and came loud and clear into our room on the 3rd (would be the 4th in US). Band played until 12:35 on Sunday night- no event going on, this is the regular bar band). I could follow the lyrics word for word, and beat shook the floor- band favors Bruce Springsteen and Johnny Cash and has high-end amps- sounded pretty good. After band quit, action went out to the street in front- small vacant lot where I counted 42 people talking loud, smoking, shouting, occasionally fighting at 3:15 AM in a light rain! Parade of taxis, cars and white vans continuously passing. 3X more traffic at 3AM than at noon when we checked out. Take earplugs. I can't imagine what Saturday night is like if Sunday is like this. As for hotel- otherwise clean and comfortable enough. Restaurant and bar small but okay- ate dinner there before the nightlife began.

Room Tip: Take earplugs- and it wasn't just our room- the whole building was shaking from the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank trip atkins

Dear trip atkins

I would like to thank you for posting your recent review. Customer feedback is vital for us to maintain our high standards. I am sorry that your stay was not enjoyable. Unfortunately for us noise from the street is impossible to control, and as we are a town centre located hotel with a lively bar that caters to locals and visitors, we do have music here 5 nights a week. We can offer quieter rooms than others on quiet nights but again complete quietness is something we cannot 100% guarantee. I hope you can return to us again in the future.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Only in there last week and noticed your new refurbishment job done in the lobby area and it looks beautiful.While i was there with my wife and kids we had a lovely lunch.Monica and Janice couldnt of been more help and were brillant.We had Roast Sirloin of Beef meal and i have to say it was lovely.I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends as i have done over the last year.The hotel and staff will definitly be seeing me and my family again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank fearhers

Dear fearhers

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your recent comments following your visit to the Newgrange Hotel. Thank you very much for your compliments of our newly refurbished lobby, we are very happy with it & happy to see people enjoying it. I am glad you continue to enjoy our high quality food and look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here regrettably for only one night last weekend, I wasn't expecting much as it's only a three star but the friendly staff make this a five star for me! The rooms were clean and dust free and the bed was very comfortable. We had booked a table for dinner in the restaurant and it didn't disappoint! Food was excellent and again waiting staff went above and beyond! As one reviewer said before breakfast is top notch..... huge variety of food, lots of it and delicious! The hotel is in an excellent location, for a few drinks we went to the Piano Bar which is just across the road, nice chilled atmosphere! Will definitely be returning to the Newgrange. Many thanks to Natalia on reception who helped track down my missing phone and Martin (one of the night staff) who we had running around helping us when we were a little weary after our night on the tiles!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear fizz26

Thank you most sincerely for posting your recent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Newgrange. We pride ourselves on a high standard of service so it is great for the staff to be acknowledged for their hard work. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to Natalija, Martin & all the staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the Newgrange Hotel again very soon.