“Newgrange Hotel, Navan, Co. Meath.”
Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Best meal we had in age for all the family.- great selection of food to choose from. Very comfortable accommodation and very central for Meath and surrounding counties. Staff very friendly and helpful both in reception and the bar.
Will definately return again in the Summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear 283jiml
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay in the Newgrange. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. Staff friendliness is a top priority here in the Newgrange so I am glad to hear you found all the staff friendly. I look forward to welcoming you back to us in the Summer.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here recently with a few friends and had a great time. Friendly staff, efficient service and overall great value for money. The menus in both the restaurant and bar offer quite a wide variety of dishes. During our stay, we also visited the hotels nightclub "Solar". The music here was great and bar staff were all very efficient.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of the hotel have a view of the Riiver Boyne
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ken D
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us here in the Newgrange. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Just back from a 2 night stay & it couldn't have been better,from making the reservation to check out the reception staff were fabulous & we got a great welcome The bar staff were very friendly & helpful & both mornings we got a great breakfast cooked to order & on piping hot plates.The bedroom was decorated to a really high standard & really comfortable. There was a great atmosphere in the hotel & it was really accessible to Navans Main Street. Highly recommend a stay here

Room Tip: 5th floor was great

Dear dinerone
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your stay here in the Newgrange. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and I will be sure to pass your comments on to all departments. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed in this Hotel Saturday 2nd Feb just for 1 night as we were attending a function there. Upon checking in we were left waiting for some 10 minutes or so as the receptionist was chatting to another guest about people they both knew. We were finally allocated our room and when we arrived in to it we found it very cold as the window had been left open and no heating on. I tried to ring reception and could not get through so finally I went down, I was told heating on a timer but would turn it on. It eventually came on but not very hot. We went down to the restaurant for dinner and had a lovely steak and chips, but we found the chips were only half cooked, ( some were hard and cold), the staff were very busy as they had 2 hen parties to attend to so we did not mention the chips. Upon returning to our room we then started to get ready for the function, and to our horror we found the water was cold in the bath and shower, so needless to say we jumped in and out of the shower quickly. They did not have any shower gel, shower caps or flannels either, the towels were skimpy also. We told the staff about this and in fairness they did take 20euro of our bill when we checked out. Breakfast was good and plenty of it, except the hot breakfast was lukewarm, we like our food piping hot.
All in all we were glad it was only a 1 night stay, we would not have stayed there a second night. Bed was nice and big and comfy,

Dear davesbirdDublin
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not find everything to your satisfaction. It turned out that there was a maintenance issue with your room which as you can understand happens especially in an old building like ours. I am shocked to hear you did not enjoy the food as the quality of food is something on which we pride ourselves. I would hope you can give us a second chance so I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed one night over xmas as a treat. The staff were all very friendly and helpful on checking in and we immediately loved the place. The food and service in the restaurant was fantastic and it had a great atmosphere. Great menu and wide variety of dishes. House white was really nice too. Bar was lively with great music and had a fantastic night. Breakfast the next morning was fab, with anything you could want. Room was spacious and spotless with a great shower. Will definitley be back here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear shellyb2013
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your stay in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every detail of your stay and I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff here. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My fiance and I went to the wedding fair held there in the Newgrange Hotel so we arranged to stay their overnight and have another look at the wedding hall. We decided to go there for New Years so we ordered room service later that evening. I ordered a burger with fries and unfortunately after eating half the burger I felt something in my mouth and it was a long hair about 7-8 inches long and after removing the bun I found a further 3 hairs 2 dark hairs and 1 blonde hair. I didn't go looking for more as my stomach had completely turned. Obviously we weren't charged for it but it definitely changed our minds about having our wedding there. I could forget about 1 short hair but finding several hairs and of different colours too was just overstepping the mark.

Room Tip: Rooms were good, staff friendly but cleanliness and food needs a lot of attention.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Emma L
I am extremely shocked and disappointed about your bad experience. I would like to restore your confidence in the Newgrange so would like to invite you to call me on 046-9074100 at your earliest convenience to discuss the issue.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed 31/01/13 on deal rush offer: Made feel very Welcome by Receptionist, who made sure we got a comfortable quiet room. she assured us if there was anything we needed - we just had to ask. Really good quality bedroom and bathroom. Bed v. comfortable. Dinner was booked, and we had one of the best steak dinner we ever had. Ffree Wi fi is available in public areas. Breakfast was equally good, and pleasant. Car Park very convenient & complementary, so Thank you to all the staff at the Newgrange Hotel, Hope to be back soon again
Jean B

Room Tip: no swimming pool, clicked on in error
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear jeantb
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay here at the Newgrange and availing of our Deal Rush offer. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed everything and I will be sure to pass on all your great comments to the chef and all the staff. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Laura Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Navan
Headfort Arms Hotel
Headfort Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kells

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!