“You get what you pay for...”
Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Kildare, Ireland
“You get what you pay for...”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here recently for a function that was on in the hotel, while the hotel is clean and the staff are very friendly and efficient, the hotel itself is dated and in need of a revamp. While we were there we encountered 2 hen parties and 2 stag groups also staying in the hotel. They were well behaved but it was pretty noisy late into the night. The hotel is cheap and cheerful and is fine for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear noteasilyimpressed96

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you did not find it to your satisfaction. We are currently in the process of updating our bedrooms and public areas which you can understand will take some time. I hope you can return to the Newgrange and will notice our ongoing improvements.

Laura Cox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Dublin
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have just returned from the newgrange with 9 friends where we had a fab time.Its a really nice hotel,spotless clean and really nice friendly staff who go out of there way to help you...food is lovely and really reasonable.We had breakfast ,lunch and dinner here and even got comlimentary wine with dinner.this is my 3rd time staying here and all my stays have been great.yes the hotel does have lot of hens and stags but the place is buzzing with good athmosphere..also nightclub in hotel and lots of good places round the town.will definetly be returning...well done Newgrange...

Room Tip: ask for room at back of hotel away from road if your looking for quite stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DublinJojo

Thank your for taking the time to post your lovely comments about your stay in the Newgrange. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The atmosphere in the hotel is what attracts new and existing customers time and time again. We hope to welcome you back to the Newgrange Hotel again very soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as we were attending a nearby wedding so didnt spend an awful lot of time there.Doors slamming all through the night,nice bar and lounge area.friendly staff and the hotel is fairly unattractive and doesnt look like it does on the website this is not a place to stay with young children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ianbarnes76
Dear ianbarnes76

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you found the hotel noisy but as you can appreciate we are a town centre hotel with live music and functions every weekend. We are also in the process of updating our rooms which as you can understand will take time.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed the pleasantness of our staff as excellent customer service is what we pride ourselves on. I hope you can return to the Newgrange soon and see the improvements we are making.

Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently went with 25 other ladies to the Newgrange for my hen party and I'm completely overwhelmed by the whole experience. The staff were nothing short of excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them. The rooms were lovely and the food was just gorgeous. The attention to detail, atmosphere and overall value for money was unbelievable, a few of the group even asked me if they were charged the right price after they saw all that they got in the package!! We were treated like royalty and each and every person in the group will be going back to this hotel after their experience. I could go on forever about how great the hotel and the packages are but overall I just want to say that I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Char234_12

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following your Hen Party in the Newgrange. We love having all the Hen Parties here as we are a lively town centre hotel so it adds to the atmosphere here every weekend! We look forward to welcoming you and the girls back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Before I moved to Meath I did all my stays in the Newgrange. Since then all my big events in live are celebrated in the Newgrange including my engadgment wedding and my sons christening and soon his comunion. The staff are very friendly and go out their way to be of service. I also book all my family into the hotel when they come to vist.

Highly recomend this hotel

Room Tip: The rooms very comfortable and clean and there were enough towels
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ann D

Thank you for your lovely comments about your experiences here at the Newgrange. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and are delighted to see that you are continuing to enjoy all your stays and functions.
We hope to see you again soon.
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Clean, comfortable rooms; friendly and helpful staff; easy parking on site. Lovely surprise was our dinner in the bar/pub: accommodating cheerful waiter, good choices, the best steak on our 3 week trip to Ireland. Breakfast had many choices beyond the full Irish breakfast. Free internet access very welcome.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear sandymgAnnArbor_MI

Thank you for lovely comments following your stay in the Newgrange. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay & am very proud to hear we had the best steak of your entire trip!
I hope you can come back for another visit in the future.
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed on a Friday night recently, it wasn't too busy and after being checked in by a friendly receptionist we headed to our room. The room was spacious, plenty of towels with tea and coffee making facilities. Although our room faced the main road, once the windows were closed there wasn't a sound to be heard. We headed down to the bar to a few drinks, Rowleys - the staff were lovely. Breakfast was fine, then off to work for my hubby while I caught a few extra winks :) The hotel is central, can be busy outside with Solar niteclub but overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Newgrange, mainly thanks for the fantastic staff and our lovely room.

Room Tip: We were either in 511 or 512, lovely spacious room, but be sure to close the windows to enhance your...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear belle2009

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay with us here at the Newgrange. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I am delighted to hear that you found the staff so nice.
I hope you can return to us again soon.
Laura Cox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
Trim Castle Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!