“Very mediocre ”

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
“Very mediocre ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The salvation for me was the absolutely superb waitress we had at the table. She was fantastic, friendly, paid attention to everything we ordered and my fussy boyfriend got exactly what he asked for (which on previous occasions to the restaurant never happened). So she definitely made the evening a lot more relaxing and enjoyable for everyone at the table because the last time we ate there I have to say the service was anything but friendly or enjoyable. We were ignored, the staff seemed rude and didn't seem to grasp what it means to be a waiter. They are paid to wait on a table. We felt like we were imposing ourselves on them firstly just tryig to get their attention and then by asking them for something!
So I congratulate you on getting something right.

I have eaten here on a few occasions and not by my choice. My first visit I got excited by the menu it looked promising. But serving the smokies which sounded wonderful on the menu cold and how ye managed to make it bland and tasteless is beyond me I couldn't eat it
And the chicken.... I dunno but so many random things seemed to be just thrown in their for no reason.
The cheesecake I was served was still frozen ... But the I wasn't surprised ye like things really cold
I wanted to try the steak sandwich the next time I was their and yet again another disaster the bread was that hard I couldn't cut it with the steak knife I was given, I ordered the steak rare and got it medium and I said I'd try the blur cheese and red onion combo see if ye could pull it off! NO NO NO! Lord god just don't do it surely ye have taste buds and can see it doesn't work
The calamari was bland
The wings.... what is up with destroying them in a horrible bottled sauce

Please stop taking great food and ruining it! Your head chef should be sacked for putting out food like that
I've worked in restaurants for years and I would never have let a plate go out of the kitchen if the food was cold,overcooked or that hard it could be used as a weapon.

But again the only salvation was our waitress

Also please get rid of that awful duo that was supposed to be the entertainment!
The guitar was too loud u couldn't make out what song she was even singing. But to be honest that was probably a good thing the few notes I did catch made me cringe inside!

7 Thank lovelivelife123

Co.Meath
“Rude waitress chef & awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Never got around to posting this until now we ate here a few months ago (7 of us on a Tues night) put us on a table in the hall outside the toilets waitress asked who made the reservation & who was the vegetarian? I owned up to this & got a glare ... when I phoned earlier I pointed out that as a vegetarian when I dined there b4 I was nopt allowed the veg lasagne (Chefs orders) & I did not want the veg sizzler zzzzzzz (stirfry) again this time as it was a tues night 7 dining didnt thin k it was a problem but obviously it was .. when I enquired about the 2 for 1 deal I was glared at & told YOU wont get the lasagne with that .... oh ok then grt start to the night ... crap food as always will NEVER return & wud not advise - take a leaf out of the Russell restaurant "Vegetarians can choose any main from the menu" Now that is service cant wait to eat there.

Visited January 2014
5 Thank charlieCo.Meath
cavan
“Disappointing! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Eat here before Xmas with a group of friends. It was busy enough for a Monday night. We went of the a la carte menu. I had a goats cheese and fig tartlet. The pastry was very hard you could tell it wasn't homemade there was mixed vegetables in the middle of the tartlet which did say on the menu and for the fig there was nearly none just a quatre of a fig. There was also a prawns dish order which was probably the best out of all the stater but were lacking something. We nearly all had steaks which was over cooked I asked for a medium rare but there wasnt a slight bit of pink through it. The seasoning on the chips we weren't too keen on either. The dessert was worse course extremely dry carrot cake and bread and butter pudding. The chocolate brown was way over heated that it would burn your mouth and you could see the butter coming out of it. T wine was good. The service was quick but the staff were not over friendly. We were really looking forward t the experience but ended up being very poor wont be back in a hurry!

6 Thank looploopy
Dublin, Ireland
“Fab ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went to the central for dinner with friends. It was great but what was really impressive about it was the staff. We had a very funny incident involving a Christmas cracker, a glass of red wine and my husbands shirt. Suffice to say that when we managed to stop laughing Justine had the whole situation and went way beyond the call of duty by having the shirt cleaned. The food was really good, the atmosphere was great and buzzy and the staff were super. Thank you for a great night. We will be back!

6 Thank boutiquelady75
“christmas party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Fab reception by staff..... Food was delicious!! My starter was delicious... but Goats Cheese in the Figs was too Sparing !!! All other courses fab... i had the steak which was very tasty and cooked to perfection... Medium and like so soft and tender! Pepper sauce and Veg all Brill.... Dessert was Chocolate Mousse in a Chilled Glass and side biscuit ...Yum... House wine really good .... for a party menu all an all Great.... We all got offered a drink of choice for afters and I had a lovely Brandy..... such a nice gesture... Thanks to all at the Central.... Great Time we had and all down to reception and aftercare.... they also made sure we got our seats in the Music bar upstairs which made it all a fab night!!! Thanks to all :-)

• Visited December 2013