The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 73 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Love this place. Amazing atmosphere, gorgeous food that has something for every taste. Was thrilled to discover a lovely safe play area in Mervins yard for the kids (& childrens entertainer was a real treat!) Service was excellent. We felt so welcome!

11  Thank Teehealy34

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Great food and atmosphere and the service was second to none. And the added bonus of kids entertained to boot! Would highly recommend.

10  Thank podbuz
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just what Navan needs. Reasonably priced good food served in a lovely atmosphere. Had lunch here and it was delicious, our 16 month old was well catered for with a clean high chair and a free baby bowl which was very well made. Only slight complaint I had is that the staff could be slightly more attentive. Delighted to finally have somewhere nice for lunch in Navan!

12  Thank reailtin
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was the first time we went for a meal in the restaurant, where do I start it was Thursday Arthur's night,
when we arrived in there were only a couple people in for food at this stage and plenty of staff about the premises. As we walked in we were not greeted, we sat down at one of the restaurant tables about 10 minutes later still no service no menu nothing, it became frustrating as I could see staff standing behind the bar chatting away not bothered.
I then approached the bar to ask for a menu, one of the staff members could see me and stayed chatting I had to walk down to the end of the bar where they were to ask for a menu, so then we ordered our food with lizzy quiet lady, my partner enjoyed his black pudding salad, the garlic bread was ok, but tasted the same that u would cook at home from frozen, there was no quality check on the starters, we sat with our empty dishes for quite a while, when someone did clear our dishes away no words said from the gentleman .i noticed the waitress who took our order had gone home, so we were waiting about 20 minutes no sign of our main dishes so I approached the bar yet again explaining we had main courses ordered he apologised and call our mains away, so he didn't bother checking with nether ourself or the kitchen staff to see if we had a main course ordered poor communication throughout the whole experience. And all through eating our mains yet again still no quality check.
There is one great staff member his name is Ben M which comes up on the receipt, very friendly it was a pity we didn't come for food when he was on very attentive to us when he cleared our mains away.
he was great with every customer I saw him deal with he is an asset to your business,I work in the hospitality industry , so I know exactly how customers should be treated. Very poor.

10  Thank Alice M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Myself and my husband are big fans of 'The Central Bar' and wanted to share our past experiences with my parents for their anniversary. They were so impressed with their experience and the food, they compared it to a meal they had in 'The Waldorf Astoria' (New York). The service and the food as always was excellent. We left very happy and very full !!!

14  Thank Siobhain N