“Fantastic food and real value!”

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Looks like pub grub but my friends it surely is not!
Great selection and service par excellence! Starter of seafood chowdery type thingy, really scrummy, melted cheese, broth, smoked fish, white fish etc etc, it was all there! Yee haa!
Moving on ( or moving forwards as they say!) the main was, emm , yes what was the main? , ohhh yes, the main was a terrific pork belly with apple confit and delicious Irish colcannon (is that at all spelt right??!....I do not think so) anyway it was all fantastic with a creamy sauce, just sufficient but not soaking everything. Really fantastic food, not rushed, in a lovely bar with a great pint of Guinness, you will have to go a long way to beat this place! I will be back!

9  Thank pompeypaulo

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great food of wonderful variety, carefully prepared. Dishes were generous sized as we shared two apps and a main and were overfull by far. Good ambience and a nice crowd when the music began

10  Thank Kendra F
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had my birthday in this premises a few weeks ago my partner brought me for dinner and drinks the food was amazing enjoy a fine steak cooked just perfect the table service was excellent male waiter did not get his name we then moved upstairs to the vintage lounge and the set up there was brilliant we sat at the bar and the barman served us quick for a busy night and he even had a little chat with us he asked if we wanted a seat away from the bar and he went down the back of the bar and got us a great table never got his name think he was a (dub) the night went really well will be making more trips to navan thanks all

9  Thank Davemoore17
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was there few times and defo go back!! Delicious food.Amazing pil pil prawns and calamari, and the rib eye steack is amazing. I also had my hen party there and no complain to be made.

8  Thank ByKrl
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Food was excellent, waiter awesome, and bar help was fantastic. Very big place, with equally large upstairs. We were staying in Trim, found this online, and read good reviews.

9  Thank Corrine M