“superb”

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Navan, Meath, Ireland
“superb”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I never realised such a gem was on my doorstep .I booked a table for myself and my partner last saturday night although the restaurant was busy we were seated quickly at a lovely table upstairs .The chicken wings to start were amazing followed by a lovely rib eye steak and salmon . Service was excellent with being obtrusive .overall i couldnt find fault

10 Thank John L

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I first ate here when they had just opened and had a Fantastic skate cooked perfectly there were a few teething problems then frozen bottles of Pepsi but the people were very nice
I have been A few times now always early around 6 ish
The food is always good
Tonight I had Grilled Monkfish with prawns and new potatoes with a hint of pepper but just a hint
It was perfect I really would like to say something bad but I can and next week they celebrate thier first birthday oh! I have found something to moan about!! I can't be there to help them celebrate !!!
There are all sorts of special nights such as comedy nights ,win club etc
You will not find anything nearby with the quality of food served here
Go and enjoy

11 Thank sherbert852
“Worse service ever!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arrived in the Central bar, not too busy maybe 3 to 4 tables, very few staff on and waiting 5mins to get menus and a further 15minutes and still no one came to take our order so we left without ordering or eating. Very poor service considering its number 6 restaurant of 25 on trip advisor.

10 Thank Kat5140
“Great family birthday”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Took me a while to remember to right this, but the night I left the central I knew o had to make sure everyone in Navan and the surrounding areas knew the jem that is hidden behind a simple cafe looking bar and restaurant in the centre of town. On booking for a table of 8 I was asked if it was a special occasion I mentioned it was my brothers birthday, the lady who took the booking enquirer would we require a cake as they had an in house pastry chef who could accommodate any of our needs. I wasn't let down the cake we ordered was amazing. Needless to say the meal that preceded the cake was one of the best I and my family have had in a long time. Some of our younger party decided to stay on in the central a little longer and there was no problem with finding then a table in what they said was a fabulous upstairs bar. All in all the central is a great place for a family meal with music and more later if you want it. Highly recommend ot!

Visited March 2013
9 Thank Breo K
Västerås, Sverige
“Nice modern bar with terrific steak.”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have too high hopes but it turned out very good. We had the filet steak which was perfectly cooked to medium rare, crispy fries and tasty sauce. Nice change to ordinary bar food!

• Visited May 2013