“Family Friendly and value for money”

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good morning all on this freeing Monday morning,
i just wanted to both praise and promote THE CENTRAL in Navan, after a long trip back from Kerry after my uncles funeral we stopped of at THE CENTRAL in navanfor something to eat. What a love...ly contrast to walk into a lovely warm and inviting restaurant from the bitter wind outside. The embience was so inviting with warmth and lovely cheery staff. We ave eaten there before but only in the front bar area
Even though it was six on a busy Sunday evening the staff were really helpful and in particular one called Enda, wish they had name badges on as I felt embarassed by asking him his name. As i do have history within the service industry I do tend to be a bit crtical of places where we eat (habits die hard ha). The specials were highlighted to us and were indeed varied which is refreshing to hear as many restaurants stick to tired and outdated specials. The service was prompt and courteous, food was served piping hot and presentation great, may i highly recommend the pok and duck noodles (flavours were exceptional) and my partner had chicken and we laughed whn he commented that it actually had tasted like chicken. Most places just overcook or add flavours to a lovely piece of chicken and forget about the lovely basic taste of a piece of meat. no desserts but a lovely complimentary coffee just needed ha.
prices were reasonable and having a family this place is really family orientated with a lovely seperate kids menu ( i may bring my children next time if they behave themselves over Easter ha).
I have to take this opportunity to thank the owner Michael Gavigan and his wife Tara for having the fortitude and ability to make a hard service industry look easy. In this current climate its not easy to make a living but i do hope that all yor hard work and endevours pay of for you. Next stop for me is THE BECTIVE, in kells which Michael and Tara als run and as a local person myself I will promote these businesses and wish them all the best for the future.
People are far to quick to judge and moan about value for money and bad food and service but please if you are paying good money thaat we have all earned for a nice meal please give praise for a good meal and service as well, it really boosts peoples moral and highlights nice places to go and enjoy

16  Thank geraldine b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic night in the Central. Most defiantly leading the way in Navan the last few months. We arrived with no booking and the staff were more than happy to
Accomodate. I ordered the specials, wild mushroom bruchetta and pork belly for main. Both tasted fabulous.

There was a lady who sang (took us by surprise) and she was great. It created an electric athmosphere. The service was fantastic as always.

Cannot wait to return for another flawless night

15  Thank DekkieB
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Navan badly needed a new spot like this. It's fresh, lively and I love the interior design, very chic. Food, atmosphere, setting and service is second to none. Love this place.

16  Thank IRISH074
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a meal last night. My partner had 2 starters. Goats cheese tartlet and Pate. Goats cheese was cold and pate was very nice. I had the burger. Presentation was lovely but there was too much put into the bun. It was about 5 inches high. Had to take it apart to eat it. Tasted very nice. We had ordered a bottle of house white and I was very shocked when we got the bill to find that it cost 22.50. In this day a this is much too expensive for house white. It was a very nice wine though.

4  Thank Joscarroll
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I find it difficult to believe some previous comments .. I have to say that for us the Central improves every time. I have had a two great nights at the Central and one afternoon lunchtime visit . Food was fab every time for us and staff were great. A few friends were at Comedy Cental in the bar upstairs on the 28th I think, and they said it was hopping.. People turned away it was so full! It's great to have such a venue in Navan finally.. I'd totally recommend it!

17  Thank JosephineOD