“Nice food but too pricey for second rate town like Navan”

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Came here with intentions of eating very little , but the prawn linguine was to die for , finished the whole plate , tasty yet little bit oily...
Atmosphere was good , service was fast and prompt , waiting staff was pleasant and professional ,
Although the food was good , the cost should have reflected in a much nicer restaurant in much nicer location .
But unfortunately the location of this restaurant does not do its food or staff the justice they deserve.

10  Thank YOLANNA-TB

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Been here a few times now and always left happy. A beer garden outside with a kids play area, first time i'd seen that in a pub but great idea because our child played happily the whole time we were there during 1 visit at the end of last summer, we're not big drinkers but happily sat outside and enjoyed a pint with our lunch.
Food is very good, restaurant quality bar food, not your usual toasted sandwich with a few tayto thrown on. Always been something different on the menu the time we've been there too, maybe 3-4 times now i'd say and will be back again.

7  Thank Niall M
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Had a fantastic night in the central last week. This is a one stop shop for all needs, from some top class cocktails to our delicious meal and the great night we had up in the vintage club, the central Navan has it all under one roof. The staff are so friendly and approachable and the service second to none. Would recommend The Central to everyone- would love to see something like this open in Dublin.

16  Thank AimeeLauraBres
Michael G, Owner at The Central Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Thank you for your lovely positive comments about the food, cocktails, service and staff at The Central Navan. Please do visit us again soon and continue to give us feedback. Kind regards, Michael.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The vintage room upstairs is so pretty it is great to have a pub with a good atmosphere in navan. The staff are friendly and good craic. The food was a bit hit and miss at the start but has improved drastically and is now delicious. The fillet steak is great and good value. The last time I visited the central I was with a group of friends looking for some pub food. We had a selection of starters which were all gorgeous, especially the chicken wings and garlic bread. I hope the central does well, because there it is great to have a decent pub in navan with good beers and food.

16  Thank navangirl86

Thank you very much for your positive review of your recent visit to The Central Navan. We hope to welcome you back again soon and please do continue to give us your feedback in the future. Kind regards, Michael.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Love this bar, it's so funky and modern, yet still feels like a pub scene. Had lunch here on a Saturday afternoon with a friend, my sister and my mother. The four of us ordered sandwiches and wraps. I wanted a simple brown bread toastie with ham cheese and red onion, it came with no onion. My Sister ordered a white bread toastie with ham cheese, tomato and onion, she got it on brown bread with no onion. My friend ordered a Tuna wrap with cheese, it came with no cheese, we ordered one portion of chips for the table, it came at the end when we were finished our sambos! The food we had was very tasty, but it's disappointing when these simple things are left out.

I think it has such great potential to be a great venue, but the staff need to work together as a team and communicate more with each other. What I mean by this is my friend and I arrived half an hour before my mam and sister and we had a beer and said to the staff member who served us that we were waiting on two people -and in the half an hour we were asked 4 more times if we were ready to order yet, once by the same person again (who we had told already that we would wait for the other two) and by 3 more members of staff.

its the little things that count!

8  Thank Tracy M
Michael G, Owner at The Central Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Tracy: firstly, thank you very much for your feedback about your recent visit to The Central Navan and for going in to such detail of the problems that you encountered. We are taking all of your comments on board and I will be discussing the issues that you raised with the management and staff at our next meeting. We do have an excellent team of staff, but we are aware that we need to improve some of our staff training (particularly for some of the weekend/part-time workers). It is an area that we are actively working on. I hope that you will consider a return visit to us at some point and perhaps giving us some updated feedback? Alternatively, if you would like to discuss any of the above in further detail, then please email me on michael@thecentral.ie Kind regards, Michael.