“Excellent service and nice food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Oriental Palace
Ranked #18 of 66 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
kerry
“Excellent service and nice food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I Have visited this place on a number of times and have always been very satisfied as I left. After being there today I decided it's time to write a review. Along with my mother we had the early bird menu, 2 courses for €16 I think. On arrival we were given complementary Prawn crackers and we received excellent service throughout. Any time our glasses were running low the waiter was quick to fill them up and was very helpful. Our plates were brought out on a plate warmer and soon after when our food was ready the waiter placed the dishes on it. The service was very fast but then again we were there at 5 o'clock and the only people in the restaurant. As a starter I had crispy spicy shredded chicken which was presented beautifully with a side garnish. For the main course I decided to go with the Mongolian chicken curry which was also very nice. As I was very full after my starter and prawn crackers i couldn't finish my main course, it was too nice to leave behind so the waiter put it in a take-away container and we set off. Next time i'm in Navan i'll definetly call in again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kingdom1

New Bern, North Carolina, United States
“Pricey but good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went into this place expecting it to be cheap as it looked like a little whole in the wall establishment. There is a small door leading up a flight of stairs that is non descript and does not notify at all of what to expect upstairs. We were surprised to see at the top of the stairs a very elegant place full of very helpful staff. We were seated, had our napkins put on our laps, and was asked right away what we would like to drink. Thinking the menu would be expensive after this kind of treatment we were surprised to see that prices were in a good range. However, when we ordered, we were unaware that rice was an additional cost to the plate! Each of us got rise 'with' our meal and that was 5 euros for each person. The food was very good though and the shrimp flavored crisps served before the meal were delicious!! I do recommend this place due to the atmosphere and the food. However just be aware that the costs can be hidden.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dublin
“Great Food, well worth the visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

Been here on many occasions and always leave content and looking forward to my next visit.
They have early bird from 5.30 till late. The food is of very high standard with a varied menu including such delights as mongolian and thai dishes.
There is something on this menu for everyone. Although Navan has little to offer, this restuarant and its terrific staff are well worth the visit. Anyone who tries this restaurant will definitely return for more.

County Meath
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

Fast, Friendly service. Gorgeous food and very reasonably priced.

Visited May 2012
Shankill, Ireland
“Great value and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food in this place is phenomenal, as is the value. You can get starter, main, dessert and tea/coffee for around €55 for two people. They give you prawn crackers before your meal and sweets/fortune cookies after your meal. The service is always prompt and friendly. The decorations in the restaurant are plush and inviting. You have to try the chicken in garlic butter for starter and the chicken yu xiang or chicken tai wan for mains. I like my food spicy so I find it lovely. Their dessert portions are very generous too. If you order ice cream, it resembles a knickerbocker glory in a large glass with a big dessert spoon. If you come here, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2012