“Best in the area”
Review of Ardboyne Hotel

Ardboyne Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Have attended many family celebrations in this hotel on all occasions the attention to detail, the service and the quality of the food served is perfect. Any special dietary requirements, likes or dislikes are provided for without any hesitation and the staff are always friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a quick lunch or a three course meal the Ardboyne Hotel comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful comments Mary B about the Ardboyne Hotel. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising so it is great to hear you recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back againl in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We recently held our family reunion at the Ardboyne Hotel on 24th May 2014. A total of 55 family members gathered together from England, USA, Sweden, Germany and Ireland! The first time in 20 years!
We were booked into the Tara Suite for a 3 course meal, which was perfect for the numbers attending, plenty of room between the tables and a small bar/reception area for the kids to play in without annoying the adults!!
I live in England and made all of the arrangements, via EMail correspondence with Susan Horgan, who was so helpful and informative throughout the whole process, which began in September 2013! Big big thanks to Susan.
On the day, the room looked lovely, the food was excellent and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff.
All of this helped to create a very special evening for our family.
Denice Griffiths

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Denise for taking time out to share your feedback with us. I am delighted to hear you had such a smooth and successful experience planning your family gathering in our hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Susan Horgan and all of the staff involved. We hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Myself and my friend stayed here for a night to visit friends in the area. The hotel was very clean but there was a musty smell in the bedroom, the room we had was lovely, lots of space and the bathroom was a good size, their was a double bed and a single bed, the TV was lovely but we found the room to be very hot while trying to sleep even with the two windows open, I woke a few times just because of the heat. The staff are very friendly and would do all they could for you. I think the hotel could do with a update but it has a gorgeous garden area and outside seating area for drinks. I do think the room was a bit overpriced for what you got but it did include breakfast which must be considered. The location was very good, it's close to the town and sites around the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear LisaB,

Thank your taking the time out to post your review. We take all of our customers feedback very seriously which helps us improve the quality of standards and service throughout the hotel. I will ensure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I recently held a Christening at The Ardboyne Hotel and found the whole experience excellent. From the initial booking everything was handled perfectly. We decided to have a buffet meal and the selection of salads was great with lots of colour and a great variety. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff on the day and even though there were a lot of children they were served very quickly once we had arrived into the room. All of our guests commented on how tasty the food was and we all had a truly enjoyable day. I will definitely in The Ardboyne Hotel in the future for any other events.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thanks MissyB19 for your recent review. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent family celebration in the Ardboyne Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I stayed in the Ardboyne recently, and I have to say I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is ideally located near the town and short drive to Dublin but tucked away from the hussel and bussel at the same time. I had dinner and breakfast and was impressed with how quick and efficent the service was, I requested a quiet room and got a great nights sleep. I will be back in Navan for business in the near future and will definately be booking into the Ardboyne again (the only slight quam I would have, would be paying €85 for one person on a Wednesday night but ... other than that a really good stay!)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear ramblingsheeptravels,

Thank you for your recent review and your positive comments. If you log on to our website directly you can can most often avail of sale prices and great advance purchase rates. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last Thursday for a family wedding and I will not be returning. The nicest part of the hotel is the reception but after that it was pretty average for the price they are charging. My first qualm with this hotel was upon pricing. Naturally with a wedding, the hotel was block booked and we were all quoted €99 per room, a bit steep for a Thursday night. I was infuriated when I then went onto their website and the general price for a room on a Thursday is €65. I addressed this with the manager through email but to no avail. She argued that I was only being charged €79 not €99, which was not the case when I called the hotel and asked for the quote in the first place...a total lack of communication.

Secondly, there is no lift or disability access to the top floor of the hotel and my mother was placed on the second floor and was not even asked if she would like help with her bags. The rooms were outdated and the TV was pretty much just a decoration. After the wedding reception the crowd filtered out towards the residents bar and garden area, it was only about 2am and we weren't being rowdy. A bar man proceeded to follow us out to the garden area and shouted at us very loudly that we would have to move or else he was locking us out. At that point I was very annoyed and decided I was better off just going to bed before I expressed how I felt!!

The breakfast the following morning was threw on a plate by staff who clearly didn't want to be there and was pretty cold. The staff in this hotel are all pretty young so the service was not great. I did not stay a second night but was told the dinner menu was below par and the four course meal took over three hours to be completed. I was very unhappy with my stay and I will not be returning.

1  Thank Aisling K
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Aisling K,

I was very disappointed to read your recent review.

The Ardboyne Hotel is proud of it’s reputation for excellent service and value for money, and I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the issues raised by you.

I checked your account and I can confirm that you were charged only €79.00 Bed & Breakfast for 2 people, and not €99.00 as you suggest in your review.
If you would like us to post a copy of your receipt to confirm the amount paid we would be happy to oblige.

As with all our weddings the accommodation rate was discussed and agreed with the Bride & Groom, who were very happy with the rate of €79.00 double Bed & Breakfast, and €198.00 for 2 nights Bed & Breakfast with Dinner included for 2 people. This 2 night rate equates to €99.00 per person, including dinner and this is clearly where the confusion arose. I am very glad to clarify this situation for you.

We offer a special rate for Weddings and this rate is agreed at the time of booking, and is honored regardless of demand at the time of wedding.

Our 29 bedrooms are on both the ground floor and first floor and although we do not have a lift we do have a fully fitted bedroom for guests with mobility difficulties, and this is situated on the ground floor. If you had informed us in advance that one of your party needed to have a ground floor room there would have been no difficulty.

Our hotel gardens are available to all our guests during the day. As the bedrooms overlook the gardens access during the night time is restricted so that guests will not be disturbed. This is to ensure that our guests get peace and quiet throughout the night. The residents lounge is available to guests who wish to continue celebrating at this stage.

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience.

Regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had my daughters do on 17th May for her communion. When we arrived we were greeted wit nothing but a smile and friendly face. Made feel very welcome. We were then brought to our location for meal and the service we received was out of this world. Where we were seated too our chairs were covered wit white cloth which fitted lovely wit the day. Also my daughter caseys communion items were looked after at reception and kept very safe. The whole meal was absolutely fabulous from start to finish and the kids also were welcomed to a kids disco. Great food friendly staff couldn't recommend it enough for all occasions and we will definitely be returning again soon. :))) deserves higher than 5 stars!!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear CaseyNathan,

Great to hear that you and your family enjoyed the communion Celebrations here at the Ardboyne Hotel. Each year we offer a great menu for both Communions and Confirmations and on some of the dates we are able to have a DJ here for the children also.
These events have become very popular with our customers and we have many families that have been here for both Communions and Confirmations over the years.
I will be sure to convey your compliments to all of the staff here.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Business Development Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Ardboyne Hotel? Share your experiences!