“Nestling in Navan”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Liverpool
“Nestling in Navan”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Perched on the outskirts of Navan just off the main road is a gem of a hotel. My stick and I negotiated a flat entry to the hotel with room for wheelchair access as well. Checking in seemed even easier than usual although I forgot to book on the ground floor so I had to negotiate the stairs but they are a gentle expanse and didn't prove too arduous. There was a wedding on so the staff were pushed to the limit but with a little patience and prudent ordering of the Genius delays were a minimum. Given the pressures the staff were magnificent. Decor is nice and fresh and the rooms were kept in good order. Bar meals are good value and varied although we didn't use the restaurant. The hotel were happy to recommend and call a taxi for us and a night in Navan town was enjoyed by all. The next morning, breakfast was fresh and abundant and of course leisurely. It was almost a shame to check out. Would I go back, of course I would.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Good afternoon DinjoLiverpool,

You give a great description of your stay here at the Ardboyne Hotel, and we could not ask for a more positive review. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of your great experience here at the hotel.

We are the perfect choice for people with mobility difficulties as almost all of the hotel is on the flat. We have a number of bedrooms on the ground floor so be sure to reserve one for your next visit. Just let us know and we will look after it for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,and thanks again for the great recommendation.

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We recently stayed in the Hotel whilst visiting all the monuments such as Newgrange, Knowth, Dowth, The Hill of Tara and the town of Kells for 6 nights. We dined in the pub style restaurant for dinner on a couple of nights and the food was very good, breakfast was served each day in the restaurant and was made fresh each day except on Sunday morning where it was served to you from a buffet style set up. The room was very well appointed with all that you would require and was quiet and provided a good nights rest except on the Saturday night when many party goers arrived back from midnight to 4.30am with no regard for anyone else in the hotel. Our room from the ground floor overlooked a nice garden from our large window. A walk into the town is flat and easy on footpaths all the way and takes approximately 20 minutes if you wish to venture out on foot.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Good afternoon KPLCEurope,

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Ardboyne Hotel in Navan.
We are situated in the heart of Meath with easy access to all the tourist attractions of the county. So whether it is the heritage town of Trim , or Kells, or the Newgrange Tomb or the Hill of Tara that is on your itinerary the Ardboyne Hotel is the perfect choice.

Our reputation for great food and friendly service is something we are very proud of, and it's great to get such positive feedback from our guests. The Kells Bar is very cosy and perfect for a delicious meal after a long day's outing.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a very positive review and hopefully we will see you again sometime.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having missed our flight to Dublin, we managed to catch the next one, and rang the hotel to warn them we would be arriving late at around 9.30pm and to ask if there would be any food available. Reception said fine, asked us if we would like to pre-order a meal from the bar, which we did. We were warmly welcomed and our hot meal had already been partly prepared, so we could eat almost immediately we sat down in the comfortable bar. The staff were very friendly, the decor was interesting - slightly quirky in a good way - and the seating was very comfortable. Our room was clean, and was plenty large enough, and everything worked. Only two minor snags with the room were (1) a new flat screen tv had been installed to replace an old-style one, and was sited directly above the luggage rack. However, the large shelf which had supported the old tv was still in place, leaving left a sharp corner which we caught our heads on a couple of times. The hotel management are aware, and are addressing the problem. (2) The bedroom's large window looked out, over a short gap, onto a corridor between two parts of the building. The corridor led to another function room, and fortunately wasn't used much, but could have meant a privacy problem if one forgot to close the main curtains.
One morning we had no hot water and rang reception - it appeared the whole wing had no hot water. Reception rang us back to say we would have hot water in 20 minutes, and we were impressed that this happened as forecast. The restaurant had very recently been upgraded, and our breakfasts were plentiful, and again, the staff were very friendly. There was no rush to dash to breakfast as you could wander in as late as 10.30. Check out was a sensible mid-day, so again, no rush. The mini courtyard was very nice too, and again, plenty of hotel parking even with a wedding on one day. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Puffin_Jackie,

Thank you for your review of your stay at the Ardboyne Hotel, and I am delighted to read that the few minor issues that you had were all resolved quickly. As you point out we are in the process of upgrading some of the equipment throughout the hotel and new TVs have been put in all the bedrooms. We are very pleased with our new restaurant Hugo's and the reaction from our guests has been extremely positive. The new menus are proving very popular with everyone.

We pride ourselves on offering our guests a warm & friendly welcome and this clearly was your experience here during your stay. A hot meal after a long journey is always welcome and I am glad that everything was ready and waiting for you as your requested.

Hopefully you will return again on your next visit to Ireland and once again thank you for taking the time to give us your recommendation. We really do appreciate it.

kind regards

Portaferry, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed with family including young children. very good experience. Nice garden, ample parking. rooms were typical size and maybe a little tired but clean and comfortable. had evening meal in the bar which was excellent as was the service. breakfast was freshly cooked and very good. again service was excellent. would recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank irishone1
Good afternoon Irishone1,

I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Ardboyne Hotel.
The hotel is family friendly and it's great to know that you & your children felt comfortable here. Thank you for letting us know that you found both the food & service to be of an excellent standard.

The gardens are a great asset to us, as is our location. All of the main visitor attractions of county Meath are within a short drive from the hotel.

Hopefully we will see you again soon, and check our website for some great value offers and family packages.

Thank you for taking the time to post a very positive review.

Athboy, Ireland
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have just returned from our honeymoon and would like to thank Michelle, Jo and all the staff for making our wedding day such a wonderful experience, From the perfect setting of the room for the ceremony, to the overall reception we were looked after fantastically. The food was excellent and plentiful and served with a smile. Everybody who attended enjoyed their day and are still talking about the wonderful time they had.

Cathy & Colin Curran

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy1306
Dear Cathy 1306,

Delighted to hear from you & Colin, and so glad that you both enjoyed your Wedding Day here at the Ardboyne Hotel.
The Boyne Suite with the gardens beside it , is perfect for both Civil Ceremony & Reception. We are proud of our reputation for great food and many of our Wedding couples have booked with us after attending other Weddings here.

It was a pleasure to look after you and your friends & family and we look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review.

regards

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Damp bed , crap pillows and could not get a bit to eat or room service at 11pm , so I had to get out of bed , drive to a filling station and get something to eat , 49,00 euro room only , wouldn't return .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gerardboher
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Good afternoon Gerardboher.

I see from your review that you availed of our special offer of room only accommodation at €49.00 per night. We serve food all day until 9pm, and we generally make guests aware of that on check in. I do hope you were informed of this at the time. It is not possible or viable to keep a kitchen open throuhgout the night.

Some of your comments are incorrect. The Ardboyne Hotel was built over 35 years ago, and not "thrown up during the boom years" as you suggest. I find it very surprising that you would think that the bed was damp as all our rooms are very well heated and ventilated. With the value we offer our Guests our rooms are in daily use so they could not possibly become damp.

While I appreciate your feedback I strongly disagreed with your comments and feel that you are giving potential customers a false impression of our hotel.

Moscow
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I drove round most of Southern Ireland and Northern Ireland following an unfortunate happenstance in Spain… my computer and all electronic information, plus loads of other stuff from within my car were stolen! All I had was my iPhone.

I had shut down all my credit cards within 5 minutes of discovery and had some cash with me - but not that much. I ran out before I could reach my UK destination to receive my new credit/debit cards!!

I was on the road, needing petrol, food and time enough to get to my Dublin ferry to Liverpool, UK.

At about 8:00 a.m. I rolled into the Ardboyne Hotel car park, in absolute pouring rain, feeling really scruffy, having spent the night in my car, as well, to see about getting some breakfast in the restaurant, on the Sunday morning! I asked the lady at the cash desk, if it would be possible to give her my credit card info, from a scrap of paper upon which I had written, having been given to me by my Mum, by telephone, 2 days earlier!

She looked at me and smiled, suggested that I might like to use a staff bathroom to freshen up, asked me what type of breakfast I would like and told me to see her, when I returned from my ablutions! I saw her talking, at one of the other beautifully laid tables, with white tablecloths and linen serviettes, polished silverware in a very quiet, but richly styled dining room.

She gestured to a table nicely situated to view all of whom entered, yet out of the main path of traffic. I had ordered a 'full Irish.' It means a typical full breakfast including eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, tomato, baked beans and fried potatoes. She brought it over and whispered that mushrooms and a pork chop were needed to complete the meal but she DID NOT CHARGE me!

I spent more than 30 minutes savouring the really excellently prepared meal and rose to pay with my scrap of paper. Less than 2 minutes later, I bade her farewell and continued to find my ferry to UK.

If ANYONE needs, wants or would like to have a fine meal (and by talking to 2 other patrons during breakfast, I learned that ALL cuisine could be classed as excellent) then I really recommend the Ardboyne Hotel Restaurant. It was NOT expensive!

I did not sleep there, but another patron claimed that she, with her husband were regular guests and had been for more than 15 years.

Room Tip: Cannot comment - sorry!