“Average”

Ardboyne Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
“Average”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here in November 2012, certain members of staff in bar and restaurant were not very welcoming, however enjoyed the bar atmosphere with the music, food fantastic,rooms little outdated but would return to Ardboyne

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Amy C,

Thank you for your recent posting.
I am pleased to hear that both the food and the music were very much to your liking as well as the warm atmosphere in the Kells Bar.
We pride ourselves on the warm homely atmosphere that we offer our customers and I am disappointed that you did not experience this.
It is great to hear that you intend to return to the Ardboyne Hotel in the future and hopefully you will get to sample our hospitality at its best.

kind regards

Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I attended your hotel last night with family, had food in the main bar which was excellent, loved the atmosphere in the bar as it was very busy ,stayed and rang in the new year ,it was great, thanks for the glass of champers and music.Well done on a good night ,hope to call again soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susan H, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hi Laura I,

Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Ardboyne Hotel and loved the hospitality & warm cosy atmosphere of the Kells Bar.
A great way to start your New Year.
We hope to see you here again over the coming months.
There is music in the Kells Bar every Saturday night and you can call us at any time to check upcoming entertainment.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
west midlands
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Attended a wedding here, would happily never return, deluxe rooms stated, these are just average rooms and not worth the price we had to pay. Very bad smell in the boyne suite, smelt like the carpet had been washed and them left to dry, the smell was unbelievable and a lot of people commented on this. Sandwiches brought out then taken away less than an hour later which is pretty bad,when people still wanted to eat. In the morning at breakfast was given two brown sauce sachets with a date on of July,complained to the staff,lady came over to apologise but even she admitted she was passing the buck on who's fault it was.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank WestMidlandsArsenal
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear West midlands Arsenal,

thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in the Ardboyne Hotel.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your visit to the hotel.

For each Wedding we ensure that the Boyne Suite carpet is in excellent condition by shampooing it prior to the event.
On the day in question water leaked from the Carpet Shampooer and in spite of our best efforts the moisture in the carpet produced the smell. We did all in our power to rectify the situation prior to the wedding but it was one of those occasions where it is only time that can bring improvement. I sincerely hope that your evening was not entirely ruined by this matter.

Our bedrooms are comfortable & clean and of an excellent standard for a 3 Star hotel. All rooms have ensuite facilities, tea/coffee making facilities and very comfortable beds with multi channel TV available.

Clearly the mistake was on our part about the date on the brown sauce sachet, and for this I do apologise.

If you would like to discuss any of the above further I would be most happy to take your call.

Kind regards
Navan, Ireland
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Thanks to all the staff in the ardboyne hotel for a great nite last saturday @ our christmas party. the food was lovely as always as so was the service :)
From all the staff @ J & S Carpets & Flooring

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Good Morning Samantha b,

Thank you for your comments on our Christmas Party Nights, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your night and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was in the Navan area on a few occasions in the last view weeks and found myself in the town at around breakfast time on a number of occasions. Having had good experiences there in the past I found myself in the Ardboyne hotel for breakfast.

Breakfast is one of the most variable experiences in Irish dining, but here the meal is seriously treated with the attention it needs and deserves. The staff are well trained and don't tend to rush in with your fry or whatever before you are half-way through your cereal. This is a very common and annoying practice. I asked for kippers which came without a fuss and they were delicious.

Coffee was particularly good also and the pots were not filled up to the brim (another common mistake) which means that I did not spill coffee on the table cloth as usual when pouring. They also have delicious scores which help to provide fuel for the day ahead. The cost is on the cheap side of reasonable, so who could argue with that! I would heartily recommend stopping off for breakfast if you find yourself in the area at that time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Good Morning Gretry,

Thank you for your review of our Breakfast, here at The Ardboyne Hotel we do pride ourselves on our attention to detail and your comments regarding our breakfast are well received. We are delighted you enjoyed our food and service and we look forward to seeing you again in The Ardboyne Hotel
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went for a Christmas lunch with a group of friends today and it was fabulous from when we first walked into the hotel, there was complementary mulled wine, minced pies and Christmas pudding in the lobby which was all gorgeous! We then went to the restaurant for our meal which couldnt of been beter, food was delicious and all of the staff were friendly and efficient, would reccomend this hotel to everyone, will definatley be back!

• Stayed December 2012
Navan
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Having called for Sunday lunch a few times to this hotel I would have to say it was my last visit on Sunday 9th December that really clenched my opinion of this hotel. The menu continues to be very boring, same vegetables every week but it was the attitude of the chef and his assistant that really annoyed me. This surly female assistant to the chef just continually asks if you want stuffing and gravy but never looks at the customer and doesnt even listen to your answer, just throws it on regardless. When I mentioned that I would like a different sauce on my meat (which was sitting in front of her) the rude chef intervened with a smart comment. Are these two rude people familiar with the saying "the customer is always right". Will not return under any circumstances!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marian G
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We at the Ardboyne Hotel take great pride in serving an excellent Carvery Lunch 7 days a week.
Our Sunday lunch business is always very busy and with over 350 people choosing the Carvery option most Sundays I am glad to say that the customer feedback is very positive. The sheer volumn of business that we experience suggests that we are offering the customer excellent quality & service.

I am disappointed that you did not have a positive experience on your last visit and í would very much appreciate the opportunity of discussing the matter further with you. If you could contact the hotel directly we can try to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

I hope to hear from you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,403 reviews

Been to Ardboyne Hotel? Share your experiences!