“Enjoyable Meal”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Enjoyable Meal”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was on my way to Dubln yesterday evening and stopped at the Ardboyne hotel for my dinner. The receptionist Emma was very helpful and directed me to the bar. The 2 girls working there were very friendly and efficient. I had the 'steak special' which was delicious and a very generous portion. The bar area was very busy and it appeared the manager was also helping out (It was nice to see team work). I will certainly visit again when travelling to Dublin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Ben L,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us in The Ardboyne Hotel. Our steak special is available daily and proves very popular wih our customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
cavan Ireland
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I attended a halloween party at your hotel, Ihave to say that the food and staff are a credit to the hotel.I had a particular diet request and it was no hassle to get what I needed and the Manager on duty was excellent and was the chef who cooked my meal for me and the lovely waiting staff also. A Big Thank You as I had a lovely evening and I hope to see all of you again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Patricia I,

I am glad you enjoyed the Halloween Party here at The Ardboyne Hotel. Customer service is one of our main priorities and I am delighted to hear you were well looked after.
Our team of Chefs are always on hand to cater for any special dietry requirements.

We look forward ro welcoming you back to The Ardboyne Hotel soon.
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What a find! We had to stop to spend the night in Navan. We arrived tired and frustrated, but within minutes upon arrival, our moods were lifted and shortly after that so greatful to have found such wounderful people and a special environment. There were two or three events on the property. When we walked in the door the energy everywhere was happy, joyful and appreciative. We received the highest level of customer service and I have never been in a hotel as quiet at night then The Ardboyne Hotel. My wife and I travel a lot and I believe the front desk and room service staff are 5 Star. It was the best find on our trip to Ireland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Restorationgm,
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope had a fabulous trip around Ireland.
Buncrana, Ireland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not sure what is happening here!!! My wife and myself after a long day thought we'd go to this hotel after a friend recommended it. I don't think we would be considered by any means a couple that expect to much but there is a minium.
Firstly on entering the hotel at 6pm there was an empty beer can at front door, i understand it may have been a monday but...we continued on to the Bar/Restuarant and seated ourselves, i approached the girl working there to make her aware of our arrival. She was a pleasant foreign girl who was noticably overwhelmed, after awhile she took our order, my wife got a pasta dish and i thinking that a burger would be easy and straight forward ordered that. Starters arrived and where o.k.! my wifes meal was fine, however i asked the waitress to look at what i received and immediatly she apologised and took my food( being generous here) away and offered to replace it, which i thanked her but as my wife was early finished said i'd be o.k..
No Manager came to the table to inquire... meal still came to €35.00 which would be fine if our experience was a good one and that was for startersx2, mainx1 and 2 cokes.
Management need to pull the finger out and be more hands on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hurlingmadman
Dear Hurlingmadman,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent visit to the hotel. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your issues in a personal way.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm sorry but service was rubbish and overall hotel is tired inside. Staff were no way friendly to be honest they were quite rude. Food was average. I was over looked when trying to pay at bar and wanted to get my money back for a pre paid dessert ( which I decided we're not very appetising) the way I was treated was a disgrace.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Bananaxx
Dear Bananaxx,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience. Can you call me directly to discuss and try to make amends?
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We just stopped at the hotel for coffee to feed the baby so I can't comment on a lot however what I saw was enough to turn me off!

Reception lobby area was fairly empty when we got there except for all but one table which hadn't been cleared... Full of empty lunch delph and coffee cups. We had to walk up to reception for service and a non smiling waitress came to take our order. She served it on a huge tray and then returned to the bar with an empty tray not clearing one item... The while time we were there (1 hour) not one other service staff came around and the tables remained dirty.

Tea was horrible, apple tart zapped in microwave, burnt my mouth, cream out of a can.

Reception staff polite but more interested in their phones and their weight watchers class than fronting house.

Toilets were ok but I was glad I didn't need to change the baby.

Overall if you're thinking of stopping here for coffee on way in or out of Navan, don't bother. There are lots of cleaner more professionally run places in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank AoifeBm
Dear AoifeBm,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience and I would appreciate if you could call me to discuss further as we wouuld like to be given a second chance.
navan
Reviewed August 14, 2012

To all the wonderful staff, We would both like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your hard work and support in helping to make our Wedding Day in June 2012 extra special. The food and service was outstanding. Our whole day was so perfect down to the smallest details.
Everyone we spoke to thoroughly enjoyed themselves and commented on the quality of the food and the overall experience.

Thanks Michelle for your great work and attention to detail, and your ever listening ear to all my demands!! i really appreciated it and can't thank you enough.
Thanks to all the reception staff, to Susan, for insisting i eat breakfast and the loan of an umbrella going out in the lashing rain! for printing out last minute speeches, and generally being very professional and approachable, we are so very grateful for all the kindness shown by everyone of you to us and our wedding guests.

The Boyne Suite was a wonderful venue, the decor and ambiance in the room was fantastic everyone loved it. the room was so well laid out and had a very personal touch, thanks to everyone who was involved in the cleaning, organising and setting up of the room,

Thanks to all in the Catering department for the wonderful meal which was fantastically presented, the dessert was just amazing, thanks Chef!
Thanks to all the staff working in accommodation, for your hospitality and high standard of cleanliness in the rooms.

it was a very special day for both of us and it was made all the more memorable by all of your great work,

Breege & Vivian

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear BreegeNavan,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are delighted that you had a memorable experience and that your wedding day was all that you hoped. I will pass on your comments to all concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,402 reviews

Been to Ardboyne Hotel? Share your experiences!