“Disappointed!!!”
Review of Ardboyne Hotel

Ardboyne Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Not sure what is happening here!!! My wife and myself after a long day thought we'd go to this hotel after a friend recommended it. I don't think we would be considered by any means a couple that expect to much but there is a minium.
Firstly on entering the hotel at 6pm there was an empty beer can at front door, i understand it may have been a monday but...we continued on to the Bar/Restuarant and seated ourselves, i approached the girl working there to make her aware of our arrival. She was a pleasant foreign girl who was noticably overwhelmed, after awhile she took our order, my wife got a pasta dish and i thinking that a burger would be easy and straight forward ordered that. Starters arrived and where o.k.! my wifes meal was fine, however i asked the waitress to look at what i received and immediatly she apologised and took my food( being generous here) away and offered to replace it, which i thanked her but as my wife was early finished said i'd be o.k..
No Manager came to the table to inquire... meal still came to €35.00 which would be fine if our experience was a good one and that was for startersx2, mainx1 and 2 cokes.
Management need to pull the finger out and be more hands on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hurlingmadman
Kate B, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Hurlingmadman,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent visit to the hotel. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss your issues in a personal way.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm sorry but service was rubbish and overall hotel is tired inside. Staff were no way friendly to be honest they were quite rude. Food was average. I was over looked when trying to pay at bar and wanted to get my money back for a pre paid dessert ( which I decided we're not very appetising) the way I was treated was a disgrace.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Bananaxx

Dear Bananaxx,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience. Can you call me directly to discuss and try to make amends?

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We just stopped at the hotel for coffee to feed the baby so I can't comment on a lot however what I saw was enough to turn me off!

Reception lobby area was fairly empty when we got there except for all but one table which hadn't been cleared... Full of empty lunch delph and coffee cups. We had to walk up to reception for service and a non smiling waitress came to take our order. She served it on a huge tray and then returned to the bar with an empty tray not clearing one item... The while time we were there (1 hour) not one other service staff came around and the tables remained dirty.

Tea was horrible, apple tart zapped in microwave, burnt my mouth, cream out of a can.

Reception staff polite but more interested in their phones and their weight watchers class than fronting house.

Toilets were ok but I was glad I didn't need to change the baby.

Overall if you're thinking of stopping here for coffee on way in or out of Navan, don't bother. There are lots of cleaner more professionally run places in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank AoifeBm

Dear AoifeBm,
I'm sorry to hear of your recent experience and I would appreciate if you could call me to discuss further as we wouuld like to be given a second chance.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

To all the wonderful staff, We would both like to thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your hard work and support in helping to make our Wedding Day in June 2012 extra special. The food and service was outstanding. Our whole day was so perfect down to the smallest details.
Everyone we spoke to thoroughly enjoyed themselves and commented on the quality of the food and the overall experience.

Thanks Michelle for your great work and attention to detail, and your ever listening ear to all my demands!! i really appreciated it and can't thank you enough.
Thanks to all the reception staff, to Susan, for insisting i eat breakfast and the loan of an umbrella going out in the lashing rain! for printing out last minute speeches, and generally being very professional and approachable, we are so very grateful for all the kindness shown by everyone of you to us and our wedding guests.

The Boyne Suite was a wonderful venue, the decor and ambiance in the room was fantastic everyone loved it. the room was so well laid out and had a very personal touch, thanks to everyone who was involved in the cleaning, organising and setting up of the room,

Thanks to all in the Catering department for the wonderful meal which was fantastically presented, the dessert was just amazing, thanks Chef!
Thanks to all the staff working in accommodation, for your hospitality and high standard of cleanliness in the rooms.

it was a very special day for both of us and it was made all the more memorable by all of your great work,

Breege & Vivian

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear BreegeNavan,
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are delighted that you had a memorable experience and that your wedding day was all that you hoped. I will pass on your comments to all concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We attended a wedding in the hotel on the 19th of July. I would just like to say the food and service the hotel provided was first class you couldn't have asked for better. They made the day exceptionally special for the bride, groom and their guests. The meal was one of the best I have had at a wedding and the portions were huge, seconds were available but not many had room for desert let alone seconds of dinner. The room was beautifully decorated. To make the day the weather was great and a breather in the hotel grounds was lovely also. We stayed the night in the hotel the rooms we spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was also very good. The staff were very friendly polite and obliging. I will definitely return to the Ardboyne Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Attended a wedding and overall the food and staff and decor were all below par. Very disappointing dinner and the whole hotel had a cheap feel about it. Perhaps better sticking to debs balls.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just had lunch in the Ardboyne. Excellent service with smiles and effeciency.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank redm186605
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments on The Ardboyne Hotel, we are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ardboyne Hotel in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Ardboyne Hotel? Share your experiences!